What battery should I buy?

Forsberg

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
DCTEAM, A-129Duo
Hey,

do you know what exact battery type should I buy for this camera? I want to replace died one.

The original battery is a 110 mAh lithium polymer that measures 27mm L x 22mm W x 3 mm thick.

Unfortunately there is very little room inside the GT680W for a battery so it is limited to the small size and low mAh rating.

You need one like THIS. Batteries like this are widely available if you search for this size.

Unfortunately, the larger battery is unlikely to fit. The GT680W has very little room to spare inside which is the reason they put that anemic battery in there is the first place.
The battery is cheap enough that you can buy several and replace once in awhile. Some suppliers sell them in bulk.

You originally asked what battery to buy. I've answered your question and identified what you need and what size. If you can find something better that would be great but it has to be small enough to fit the very limited space inside that particular camera.

Last edited:
So in another words every 1 mm is important.
I don't get one thing - is this battery placed on some kind special place (hole) or can be moved 1 mm around?
In extreme situation I just put cables out and keep battery outside in some cover.
Anyway I am gonna order original battery and this second one. I'll test them both, as it seems camera dismantling is not too difficult.

What sheet would you recommend for polarizing filter? I found only expensive and large. I just need 2cmx2cm max.

The battery is simply sitting on the PCB, attached with an adhesive. You can move it slightly but compared to many other cameras there is very little wiggle room and there is no extra space for a thicker battery.

GT680W-Disassembled-3.jpg

GT680W-Disassembled-1.jpg

In extreme situation I just put cables out and keep battery outside in some cover.

Installing a larger battery outside the case of a GT680W is a viable option. I have done it with both super-capacitors and a larger battery. I found that installing an external battery or super-capacitors works best when attached to the mounting bracket using Velcro or Dual-Lock tape while using the LED window for wiring access. Otherwise an external battery could be mounted on the front of the camera housing to either side of the lens but that makes for an ugly and inelegant install. You can read a thread I posted about the project HERE.

Here are some photos of what externally mounted components like super-caps looks like on a GT680W.
camcapped-.jpg

GT680W with custom paint job, external super-caps and DIY lens cap.
capped680.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DOES ANYONE KNOW WERE I CAN BUY A BATTERY FOR A GT550WS, 3.7 500MAH THANKS

If you open the case of your GT550WS and measure the dimensions of the battery you can then order any similarly specked lithium-polymer battery that will fit. A search on eBay should turn up what you need.

Also, might I respectfully suggest you have a look at this link too.

OK I have found few batteries types.
150 mAh is barely suitable, you'd have to mod camera a bit to fit it inside.
I bought 120 mAh IIRC and replaced old battery.
So far everything works OK but I have some issues with quality of image - this is for another thread.

I'd like to thanks for guide :)

Back