BLACKVUE T-Power Plus alternative

Up !
Still no chinese alternative to the T-power ?

It is a pity...

You might wanna hit an forum about electronics. It's been 10+ years since I messed with on of these but: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0009IP40O
Not sure if it comes with it but you need to ensure that there is a diode installed that can handle enough current to charge the backup battery. The diode makes sure that under no circumstance will the backup battery be used to charge the cars battery.

Anyways it's a simple device but the little spare box is what's important. You'd need to modify it but it can be used to power a device in leu of the main battery. This coupled with that $30 auto voltage shut off device from black vue would be useful.

Not sure about the reference they make to BMW error but a good quality Optima Yellow or Red Top battery costs $150-300 it would likely power a camera for a week and if you drain it the battery won't be damaged from charging. The red is a better starting batter but the yellow can handle being discharged then charged rapidly by the alternator over and over and over without failure. Both have 3 year warranty but the yellow goes as far as to say 3 years even in a car audio environment. Only brand of battery I buy regardless of which car I put it in. Even my wife's stock scion has a red top.

The recommendation that you hit up an electronic forum for designing basic circuits is because they would be able to tell exactly how to wire up relays and a diode to that $30 black vue device. I'm too lazy to read into it but there are people that know all the relay specs and how to wire them to do different things off the top of their heads

Back