powerbank for spytec a118

Quoc

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi everyone, i'm new here, I've recently bought the spytec a118-c off of amazon for my car, i love it so far, but i was wondering if i can use a power bank as a power supply while the car is off, i also want to try to use it as a cam to catch one of my dog who always pee on in the corner when i left for work, i have 6 dogs btw, i was looking at this power bank http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VF2IC9I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_1&smid=A1NF3Y91PIV130 on amazon which have the car jump starter as well, it seems to be handy, if i could power up my a118, how long do you think it will last? thanks in advance and sorry for all the question as very new to this hobby.

You don't need to spend that much for a decent quality battery bank that will do what you need.

There is a lot of good discussion in the "Battery Bank for a Dashcam" thread that you might find is worth your time to peruse. I believe it was one of the first comprehensive threads on the subject here at DCT.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to spend that much for a decent quality battery bank that will do what you need.

There is a lot of good discussion in the "Battery Bank for a Dashcam" thread that you might find is worth your time to peruse. I believe it was one of the first comprehensive threads on the subject here at DCT.

agreed. you don't need to spend that much if you're *only* using it to power a USB device. I've a few external USB batteries and I'd say it's a deal when you can get a device for ~$1/amp (10,000 mah battery for ~$10).

but if you want that for jump-starting/emergency USB power, go for it. I've a similar 12000mah battery pack that I can confirm will easily jump start a dead battery in an older mustang 5.0 and still have 3/4 of capacity left.

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed. you don't need to spend that much if you're *only* using it to power a USB device. I've a few external USB batteries and I'd say it's a deal when you can get a device for ~$1/amp (10,000 mah battery for ~$10).

but if you want that for jump-starting/emergency USB power, go for it. I've a similar 12000mah battery pack that I can confirm will easily jump start a dead battery in an older mustang 5.0 and still have 3/4 of capacity left.

Well, of course, if you want greater capabilities like jump starting a car it would be a worthwhile investment. I just wanted to clarify to the OP that if he just wants to power a dash cam such expense is unnecessary. Since he said. "i was wondering if i can use a power bank as a power supply" he is apparently not too familiar with these things.

agreed, mellow.

I've both types of batteries. for my uses, they serve very different functions. it just so happens that both can charge USB powered devices.

thanks everyone for replying !! i understand there are cheaper power banks out there, the reason i chose the one i that did because of the jump start capability, i drive a lot and my car is old, maybe it will be handy one of these day.

if i was to recording in 720p, i understand that my 32gb card can record up to about 10 hrs before the loop kick in? would my 20000mah power bank be able to supply enough power for at least 12hrs before completely out of juice?

thanks Jokiin, i think i'll pull the trigger on the 20k mah power bank with the car jump start.

Back