Transcend DrivePro 200 vs K1S

rsmck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius, Transcend DP200, K1S
I currently have a Transcend Drive Pro 200 installed in my own car but have been looking for a combined front/rear camera setup for a while and recently bought a K1S to fit to our other car.

Before fitting the K1S, I thought I'd try it alongside the DP200 in mine, and put together the two short comparison videos below.

Firstly, apologies for the sloppy editing, I used iMovie because I don't have FCP X installed on my laptop at the moment since reinstalling everything on a new hard drive and can't seem to find a way of doing a horizontal split of two clips. Secondly, one has the DP200 on the left, the other has it on the right (sorry!)

Opinions welcomed as to which you think is the 'better' camera. I personally feel the footage from the DP200, especially at night, looks more natural - but I'm not sure if that actually has any technical reasoning behind it or if it's just a personal preference, or because it's what I'm used to.

Day (K1s on left)

Night (K1s on right)

On the subject of the camera itself, I really like the physical characteristics of the K1s - I've been saying since the first dashcam I saw that I'd far rather have a central controller (with screen etc on it) and remote camera heads, and the K1s delivers this.

The camera module is also small enough that my odd discreet installation method for the DP200 would be unnecessary, it sticks next to the OEM camera cluster on the windscreen without it intruding into the image at all - tempted to replace my own with another K1S for that reason alone!

Back