LS400W support 1280X720 60 FPS?

Saar21

Reaction score
Country
Israel
In foxoffer they said yes, but I read that she don't.

Saar21 said:
In foxoffer they said yes, but I read that she don't.

not sure if it's the same as the LS300W but the LS300W has a 720p60 mode in the menu, but it doesn't work, it's a software hack, not true 60fps

Going through many Russian and Korean forums I can read that budget or mid-price dash cams have fake 60fps at 720p. Real is 30fps doubled.
I wonder if true 60fps can be produced only buy combination of good cpu and strong firmware.

This was new idea to me, i and tried with my GT300W and sadly it's true, 60fps is made by doubling a frame.
Very easy to check in Quicktime player (at least in pro version) when pressing arrow key to right film goes frame by frame.
I don't need this feature, but this is somewhat disappointing.

This is unfortunate truth. I discovered it 4 moth ago on ls300w same way like you did via watching file frame by frame on AVS video editor using zoom.
Yes, visually you might see some difference, video looks smoother but its a fake smoothness, something like they do resolution interpolation, now they do fps interpolation by doubling each frame. So there is no point of shooting videos at 720p. Use 1080p 30fps, at least then you get more pixels which are more important for license plate reading than having 720p with fake 60fps.

Funny how at $70 the Mobius is able to achieve a true 720p 60 frames.

Gurkha9 said:
Funny how at $70 the Mobius is able to achieve a true 720p 60 frames.

rcgroups forum has mentioned this already, so its become a normal thing for people who know technology.
I think true 60fps at 720p cost way much more.

niko said:
rcgroups forum has mentioned this already, so its become a normal thing for people who know technology.
I think true 60fps at 720p cost way much more.

Are you saying that it's not a true 60 fps with the latest Mobius firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
niko said:
they say need to update fixed firmware, so hopefully mobius have true 60fps at 720p.

As far as I understand firmware v0.34 fixes the 60fps issue that version 0.32 had where every other frame was doubled.
It's now a true 60fps.

Here's the change log text:

Firmware Revision History

See this link for latest FW and installation information:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

V0.32 - release version
V0.34 - fixes 720p-60 fps bug (new compiler code caused 1080p AOV and frame doubled, not unique frames.

Gurkha9 said:
niko said:
they say need to update fixed firmware, so hopefully mobius have true 60fps at 720p.

As far as I understand firmware v0.34 fixes the 60fps issue that version 0.32 had where every other frame was doubled.
It's now a true 60fps.

Thats right

Gurkha9 said:
Here's the change log text:

Firmware Revision History

See this link for latest FW and installation information:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

V0.32 - release version
V0.34 - fixes 720p-60 fps bug (new compiler code caused 1080p AOV and frame doubled, not unique frames.

Correct regardgin Mobius, but lets not talk about it here, - it's off topic for LS400W

Back