Seems like my dash cam is always recording in normal mode

TheGuru

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It was installed with a power max pro. But even when I turn off the engine, it's still recording in normal mode. I see all the files have _NF suffix. Even 1 hour after I turn off my car, it's still recording in normal mode (all files have _NF suffix).

Ok, I did some more tests. I had set the auto turn to parking mode off. I was under the assumption that if I turned the parking mode off, the dash cam would exit normal mode and not enter parking mode. It looks like it just stayed in normal mode and kept recording. Once I turned auto parking mode on, after a few minutes, it entered parking mode. And if you set the parking sensors to zero, it looks like it won't record anything, but you're still in parking mode. I will need to play around with the sensitivity of the parking sensors to see what will work best.

Ok, I did some more tests. I had set the auto turn to parking mode off. I was under the assumption that if I turned the parking mode off, the dash cam would exit normal mode and not enter parking mode. It looks like it just stayed in normal mode and kept recording. Once I turned auto parking mode on, after a few minutes, it entered parking mode. And if you set the parking sensors to zero, it looks like it won't record anything, but you're still in parking mode. I will need to play around with the sensitivity of the parking sensors to see what will work best.
The sensitivity settings are next to useless. Anything set above zero on movement will continuously record.

The sensitivity settings are next to useless. Anything set above zero on movement will continuously record.

Thanks for the info, but I'm still going to try it out.

Have you updated to the new firmware? Do you know what it fixed?

Thanks for the info, but I'm still going to try it out.

Have you updated to the new firmware? Do you know what it fixed?
A few days after I received my 650 firmware 1.002 came out and I upgraded right away. I do not then know if anything improved.. I see lots of new versions for the DR650 2ch models.. and problems with it but am not aware of anything newer than the second version.

I am having exactly the same issue with my 2 Ch 650. Mine was always recording in Parking mode even when driving so I switched off auto parking switch and found it now always records in normal mode even when parked. My unit when starting in normal mode after I turned auto parking back on would tell me parking mode was enabled after 5 minutes of driving. I tried changing the sensitivity in the settings and altered a whole host of settings to try and see what the issue was. I then looked in the advanced sensitivity settings and when I played back a file where I was driving the G-sensor didn't register any movement therefore I have come to the conclusion that the G-sensor is faulty which would explain why the device is switching into parking mode after 5 minutes because that is what the instructions say will happen if it doesn't detect any movement from the vehicle. Obviously your issue is similar but if you have the auto parking mode switched off your device will always record in normal mode no matter what the vehicle is doing. Switch auto parking back on and you'll find it constantly records in parking mode. I'm hoping to get mine changed as I've only had it a few days as I'm now convinced I've found the cause of the issue and by the sounds of your problem you have the same fault.

I am having exactly the same issue with my 2 Ch 650. Mine was always recording in Parking mode even when driving so I switched off auto parking switch and found it now always records in normal mode even when parked. My unit when starting in normal mode after I turned auto parking back on would tell me parking mode was enabled after 5 minutes of driving. I tried changing the sensitivity in the settings and altered a whole host of settings to try and see what the issue was. I then looked in the advanced sensitivity settings and when I played back a file where I was driving the G-sensor didn't register any movement therefore I have come to the conclusion that the G-sensor is faulty which would explain why the device is switching into parking mode after 5 minutes because that is what the instructions say will happen if it doesn't detect any movement from the vehicle. Obviously your issue is similar but if you have the auto parking mode switched off your device will always record in normal mode no matter what the vehicle is doing. Switch auto parking back on and you'll find it constantly records in parking mode. I'm hoping to get mine changed as I've only had it a few days as I'm now convinced I've found the cause of the issue and by the sounds of your problem you have the same fault.

That is a strange issue. So you're saying that even though you're driving, it still goes into parking mode?

Mine goes into parking mode about 5 minutes after I turn off the engine.

That is a strange issue. So you're saying that even though you're driving, it still goes into parking mode?

Mine goes into parking mode about 5 minutes after I turn off the engine.

Yes it is a strange issue however I sent it back and as I originally thought the G sensor was faulty so I have since been sent a replacement and all is working as it should.

Back