Innovv C3 with Remote Lens. With exchangable Wide and Narrow FOV lens

VWTech VW898 not have g-sensor, but there is auto lock, or I don't understand something?

Just done a quick search and can't find anything related so here goes.

One of my C3's has decided not to charge anymore and is completely dead, it is located under my bike seat next to my fuse box so is well protected.
It seems to short out anything I charge it from so looks like the battery is faulty. Before I contact the supplier I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues.
Was also thinking about the capacitor version, i.e is it possible to replace the battery with a capacitor or does it need to be done by Innovv?

thoughts please

Cheers

The innovv cameras are a pain to take apart and put back together. i have been running a capasitor model more or less since they came out.
The only problems have been the clock restting proberly as i some times dont drive for 3-4 days, and then the well dokumented magenta flashes.

I have just changed to one 5 port power supplu for all my in car needs, and so far the C3 have allso worked flawless with that PSU.

Cheers Kamkar
I didn't want to take it apart while it is under warranty, just thought it may be possible to replace the battery with a cap.
I did have issues with it not recording intermittently but as long as I wait for it to start recording before I start the bike it seems ok.

yeah a flaky power source is not that much of a issue starting up, the big problem is saving that final recording when things have gone wrong and the footage is needed.
My friends first dashcam did the same, so if he wanted to save his last driving clip he had to let his Dodge truck idle for more than 3 minutes so he knew it was on a new file that would be no problem when it corrupt as he turn off car and the camera dont have power to finalize the last clip.

Hi all, I'm considering buying an Innovv C3 for my motorbike as a permanent dashcam, I've scanned a few pages on here and the feedback seems generally positive, are there still any teething problems with this camera? Anyone got a view on how it compares to the Bullet HD Biker Mate? I assume the wide angle lens is the one to go for, are there any drawbacks with the capacitor version?

BULLETHD Biker Mate will be a better choice for long term video recording stability. We used to support both but now only stock the Biker Mate/Pro systems. Battery isn't as much of a problem on a bike with outside airflow and zero trapped greenhouse heat effect.

OK thanks that's very useful to know, I've found your review so I'll pop over to that part of the forum rather than asking questions here.

Hi all, I'm considering buying an Innovv C3 for my motorbike as a permanent dashcam, I've scanned a few pages on here and the feedback seems generally positive, are there still any teething problems with this camera? Anyone got a view on how it compares to the Bullet HD Biker Mate? I assume the wide angle lens is the one to go for, are there any drawbacks with the capacitor version?
INNOVV have discontinued production of the C3, so extra parts down the track could be an issue. Not familiar with the Bullet so can't help on that side.

Back