FS: Brand New Power Magic

vbx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Edit! Going to keep it instead.

---------------
Decided to just stick with something simple. Using the Cigar Jack.

$30 shipped / $27 picked up

Brand New, never used!

Accepting paypal.

slry.jpg

00lm.jpg

1eu5.jpg

My friend just bought one couple days ago. This would've been a good deal.

I bought one with my dashcam as well. I didn't care about the parking mode. I just bought it so I can permanently keep my dashcam plugged in and also I wanted the cord out of the way and keep my 12v socket free. I set the voltage to 12.4 I think and just spliced into the original cigarette lighter wiring.

^ That's a good idea. I guess I can keep it, hook it up but set "parking mode" to off. That way I can have a free jack to charge my phone / tablet.

vbx said:
^ That's a good idea. I guess I can keep it, hook it up but set "parking mode" to off. That way I can have a free jack to charge my phone / tablet.

Yup, I never bothered with the parking mode. I hooked the both positives to acc. positive (cigarette lighter's positive) so the dashcam turns on/off with the key. I also set the voltage at 12.4 so that even if the car's not running but the accessories are; like your audio, it'll cut the dashcam's power if voltage drops below 12.4.

vbx said:
Decided to just stick with something simple. Using the Cigar Jack.

$30 shipped / $27 picked up
probably cost more than that for postage to where I am, if you wanna sell I will pay $30 including shipped here.

I bought the Power Magic Plus with two cigar jacks. One for the front Blackvue and one for the Finevu facing the rear. To use both Normal and Parking mode you need switched accessory power and constant power. I used the add-a-fuse device you can get at most Auto Zone type car shops. I found two unused spots in the fuse block that I needed. One constant and one switched. It's just as easy to wire up two as it is to do one.

Looks like I'll just keep it.

Question. If I hook this up to both ACC fuse, it'll work only when the car is turned on correct?

Instead of red to ACC and yellow to BAT. I'll just hook up both to the ACC fuse using the fuse tap kit.

vbx said:
Looks like I'll just keep it.

Question. If I hook this up to both ACC fuse, it'll work only when the car is turned on correct?

Instead of red to ACC and yellow to BAT. I'll just hook up both to the ACC fuse using the fuse tap kit.

Yes

Thanks, works perfectly now. Had some issues where it wouldn't turn on after I tucked the wires. I think I got it at a perfect location. As long as there isn't an earthquake, it should continue to work. LOL

What a headache. The G35 coupe is very cramped. Busted a few knuckles working in there. At least all the wires are hidden now and it looks OEM.

zip ties are your friend.

Back