Do you need to manually delete old recordings? (other questions too)

omgomgomgsecurity

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,
Just installed my BlackVue, and I love it. I need to know something though...

1. Do your old recordings that are rendered "useless" get deleted after a few hours or days depending on how much your recording/driving?.
  2. Do any of you recommend the spare battery you can buy to supply power to your dashcam instead of draining the battery on your car while it's parked?.
  3. Do any of you have issues with updating the firmware on your BlackVue?.
  4. What is the range of your BlackVue in terms of accessing it via Wi-Fi through your phone or tablet?.
  5. Is there a "best setting" for the Power Magic Pro?. I just want to be able to access my camera any time at night without going outside to turn it on, so I am not sure what that setting is and my manual is hard to understand., Thanks!.

what's the question? briefly and specifically.

1. will automatically overwrite the oldest files once the card is full
2. not sure what spare battery you mean, non issue if using a power magic
3. follow instructions and it seems to be no issue
4. that will vary depending on device and surroundings, 5m is probably typical, some will get more, some less
5. you'd have to choose a setting that leaves the camera running, not sure that the wifi stays on constantly, there may be a setting for that though

what's the question? briefly and specifically.

The "question" was answered by this guy here:

1. will automatically overwrite the oldest files once the card is full
2. not sure what spare battery you mean, non issue if using a power magic
3. follow instructions and it seems to be no issue
4. that will vary depending on device and surroundings, 5m is probably typical, some will get more, some less
5. you'd have to choose a setting that leaves the camera running, not sure that the wifi stays on constantly, there may be a setting for that though

Thanks Jokiin, that answered all my questions.

I am very happy to have this thing now, have a good one guys!.

In my cam automatic rewrite doesn.t. work i have to format card when it.s full

Same here. Is there a setting? If so, I cannot locate it. I must manually delete the files (or move them to my computer) once the card capacity is reached.

I would much rather have it delete as it goes...

Thanks.

In my cam automatic rewrite doesn.t. work i have to format card when it.s full

The dash cam stops recording when the card's full after updating firmware to Ver 1.007. Plus I lost the voice prompt when shutting down even though I checked the app settings. I pressed and held the wifi button to format the card but the card's still full!

So, I'll try reverting back to Ver1.005 since I didn't have any problems until now.

I am using f/w 1.009 and my unit is very slow to acknowledge wifi, fails to overwrite S/D card when format button on unit is held on and also fails to over write old data as it fills up. Otherwise, records, captures GPS, and shows speed

Same here. Is there a setting? If so, I cannot locate it. I must manually delete the files (or move them to my computer) once the card capacity is reached.

I would much rather have it delete as it goes...

Thanks.
I, too have the; "card fails to overwrite", issue. Has this been resolved?

I, too have the; "card fails to overwrite", issue. Has this been resolved?

Are you using 1.009 firmware + are you using the Pittasoft SD card?

Saw this issue a few weeks ago the customer was using Lexar 64gb.

Are you using 1.009 firmware + are you using the Pittasoft SD card?

Saw this issue a few weeks ago the customer was using Lexar 64gb.
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the SanDisk from "'The Cam Store'.
It was recommended especially for the BlackVue.
I formated it Fat32, using the formatting program that I downloaded at Pittasoft 's, website.
I copied the files from v1.009, to the card, inserted the card into the camera, flashed the camera, removed the card, inserted it into the PC, used the Windows program viewer program that came with v1.009, set all my settings (which did not show an over write feature), removed card re-inserted the card into the camera.
I still have a full card that the camera will not overwrite or format.
I have to use my PC and Pittasoft viewer program to clean it up.

Update:
I have purchased a new card;
Delkin UHS-I375X
64 GB
and I still have the same issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the SanDisk from "'The Cam Store'.
It was recommended especially for the BlackVue.
I formated it Fat32, using the formatting program that I downloaded at Pittasoft 's, website.
I copied the files from v1.009, to the card, inserted the Dard into the camera, flashed the camera, removed the card, inserted it into the OC, used the Windows program viewer program that came with v1.009, set all my settings (which did not show an over write feature), removed card re-inserted the card into the camera.
I still have a full card that the camera will not overwrite or format.
I have to use my PC and Pittasoft viewer program to clean it up.

Sandisk Ultra sd cards do not work in the cameras, we have been through this before. Tested hundreds of cards.

This one's been working brilliant for me in past 2 weeks:-

SANDISK HIGH ENDURANCE VIDEO MONITORING CARD C10 64GB MICROSDXC 64G 64GB MEMORY

Really happy with it

Sandisk Ultra sd cards do not work in the cameras, we have been through this before. Tested hundreds of cards.
Thanks for your reply,
I have since purchased the ;
Delkin UHS-I375X - 64 GB
I still am having the same issues of the card is full and will not re-write and the format button on the camera will not erase the files.
The white lights are 'On' - solid, not blinking, on both cameras and the voice prompts do not work when the car is moving "BlackVue for your security"
also when parked, "BlackVue is in parking mode"

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply,
I have since purchased the ;
Delkin UHS-I375X - 64 GB
I still am having the same issues of the card is full and will not re-write and the format button on the camera will not erase the files.
The white lights are 'On' on both cameras and the voice prompts do not work when the car is moving "BlackVue for your security"
also when parked, "BlackVue is in parking mode"

Try with original BlackVue card to see if the issue still occurs. You might find it a lot cheaper to just buy the proper card rather than buying different 3rd party brands.

Really happy with it

So far our testing hints this card may be OK as well, but we need at least 2-3 months to confirm it.

Try with original BlackVue card to see if the issue still occurs. You might find it a lot cheaper to just buy the proper card rather than buying different 3rd party brands.
I will put the SD card that came with the camera back in and see if it has the same issues.
Do you happen to know what the solid white LED's on each camera means?
Shouldn't these be blinking, when the power is applied?

Last edited:

Really happy with it

An update regarding my card with the failure to format error...I am using the SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring card for at least 2 months now and no problems yet.

Back