JooVuu shop presales

TheRookie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
AllWinner A10 Mirror, Aiptel GS 372 (Papago), Cowon AW1
I am sure that criticizing some of the most prominent forum participants won't give me any cookie points but I just wanted to share my presales experience with JooVuu website.

To cut long story short, I was interested in this camera:
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/car-cameras/234-iro-rearview-dual-camera-d50-.html

When dealing with a retailer I never dealt with before, I usually ask them some meaningful questions about product I am interested in, in order to see if they would provide necessary pre-sales advice.
By meaningful I mean not the "have you stopped beating your wife?" type of a question but something related to the actual product. In this case the questions were:
1. Can a reverse camera be used with the device?
2. What is the voltage rating (12V or 5V) on the device as I am intending to hardwire it.

I have registered on the website, confirmed my email, sent the questions and got confirmation that these were received. Then silence.

Typically retailers answer within 24 hours, some - within 48 hours. Very few choose not to answer and then I take my business to somebody else. As of today (I've sent my questions on Wednesday, 28th) I had no answer.
Sorry JooVuu, I've made my choice now and my next camera won't be supplied by you.

obviously I can’t comment on your experience, but I can on my experience with JooVuu,

when first buying my mini 0806, I emailed a few questions to JooVuu, I got replies within about 12 hours, (I posted this on another thread), and ended up buying it from JooVuu

anyway, on my holiday, the mount to my mini 0806 was not making good contact with the USB power, and the DVR would cut out

two weeks ago I emailed him my problem, and got an email back 24 hours later telling me he was going to post a replacement mount, and I got one through the post by the end of the week. Thats my experience dealing with JooVuu

but its your money its your choice

it's 5v, it's written in the spec on the page you linked to, it most likely can do reverse cam function, fairly standard feature but that's something you'd need to check, logic doesn't always work with Chinese products

at the price it looks like it's a clearance item, it's very cheap

at the price it looks like it's a clearance item, it's very cheap
That's what had me. A7LA dual cam for about 60 USD. I have to be missing something here.

only 2 in stock, I think given the Joovuu X is due to release soon it would make sense to move away from these lower end products and are probably being cleared out

Back