[Review] SplashETech FX625

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
New DCT Member Rudy contacted me and asked me to take a look at his companies camera. The SplashETech FX625. Since I always like to get as much information as possible out I agreed to take a look so lets see what we have here

Unboxing

Spec Shortlist
Company Page: Here
Amazon Listing: Here
DCT Contact: Rudy

Chipset:Ambarella A7LA50
CMOS: OV4689
FOV:170
GPS: External Not Included
Bitrate:20MB

Resolutions:
2560 x 1080/30
2304 x 1296/30
1920 x 1080/45
1920 x 1080/30
1920 x 1080/30 HDR

Loop:1/3/5/Off
Park Mode: On/Off
Image Quality: SuperFine/Fine/Normal
Mic:On/Off
Stamp: Date/Time/Driver ID
White Balance
BackLight: On/Off (No time setting here)
Version:CAR DV 50 AR151010KB2

I hope to install this one tomorrow and get a look at bitrate and footage.

2wj32qc.jpg

wm8vsLn.jpg

Last edited:

Last edited:
Night Video Holding

Notes
Oct 28th
Took camera on a short first voyage. I have noticed that the power plug is a bit of a stickler. Even if it is on the correct side sometimes it just does not want to go in. I have also noticed twice that while the other two cameras come on (Had the D201,A261 and the FX625 all running at once) The FX625 did not want to come on by itself.

Also just noticed that I am missing footage from 10:15-11:05

Last edited:
Looks exact same as the one I reviewed for Vantrue including odd power port except the brand name.
Has good video quality overall.

Looks exact same as the one I reviewed for Vantrue including odd power port except the brand name.
Has good video quality overall.
Yeah I was looking around and it seems that way. Amazon even recommends the Vantrue when I look over the product page for this.

it's a public model, lots of factories put this one together
Is there any leading edge so to speak with one over the other since it's a multi factory model

Is there any leading edge so to speak with one over the other since it's a multi factory model

hard to know, who gets the best support from the designer of the PCB can come down to volume, who knows who, luck, sometimes it's an even playing field and nobody gets any extra support, for the most part these types of products get sold into markets where the consumers aren't too demanding so support can be very minimal

Been using it as a rear camera for awhile
I'll try posting a little more footage of it back there.

Back