Feature request: "add bookmark"

thostr

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Sometimes when driving I experience situations that I want to analyze later, either to learn from or have fun from or otherwise. Finding these seconds of interesting driving can be a chore - tedious minutes of scanning through uneventful driving footage. What I want is a way to make a bookmark in the steam. I would like the 'activate microphone' button to work as a 'add bookmark' function. Later when I browse movies I would like to be able to look at and to download bookmarked areas, for instance one minute before and one minute after button press (preferrably configurable).

Even better: open source the software for the device and I'll implement it my self and offer it back to you for free... By open sourcing you would perhaps be the first "open source" driving camera, which would greatly enhance value for advanced users.

if Mio can completely modify it then so can you.

I was surprised it didn't have a manual event marking option either,I guess you could hit the camera to event mark the recording...shame that every second or third one is event marked for me anyway, slightly bumpy roads, cornering quickly, hitting the loud pedal... I have everything set at 90 :(

tonymy01 said:
I was surprised it didn't have a manual event marking option either

massive oversight, I can't say I agree with how Pittasoft thinks anyway so it shouldn't come as a surprise really

tonymy01 said:
I was surprised it didn't have a manual event marking option either,I guess you could hit the camera to event mark the recording...shame that every second or third one is event marked for me anyway, slightly bumpy roads, cornering quickly, hitting the loud pedal... I have everything set at 90 :(

Reduce sensitivity then so as not to record bumps as an event.

Manual event recording wont be much good as usually you are trying to avoid something and are using both hands at the time,

Also by the time you hit the button the event will be over, unless you are a psychic and can tell in advance it will happen LOL

How is the camera going to be able to record the previous minute as an event (Software I guess) Thats a bit like wanting the light to go on a minute before you flick the switch

Hillbilly said:
Also by the time you hit the button the event will be over, unless you are a psychic and can tell in advance it will happen LOL

How is the camera going to be able to record the previous minute as an event (Software I guess) Thats a bit like wanting the light to go on a minute before you flick the switch

If we can assume that the camera has been on (obvious requirement), then the last N minutes of recording will either be on disk or in memory, so all it takes is to mark these as 'bookmarked'.

I agree that it's important to keep hands on the road and not keep fiddling on the camera during a possible incident. Therefore this function should only 'bookmark' already recorded footage, and perhaps support longer intervals perhaps 'last 10 minutes' (interval should be user configurable).

thostr said:
I agree that it's important to keep hands on the road and not keep fiddling on the camera during a possible incident. Therefore this function should only 'bookmark' already recorded footage, and perhaps support longer intervals perhaps 'last 10 minutes' (interval should be user configurable).

this is much how it works with Ambarella based cameras, for ours if you press the menu button you can manually lock a file, it will flag the current and previous file as write protected and is based on the recycle setting, eg if I have the recycle set to 3 minutes it will write protect 6 minutes of recording being the current sector and the previous one

Re: Feature request: "add bookmark"

Eyes on the road hands on the steering wheel lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Feature request: "add bookmark"

Hillbilly said:
Reduce sensitivity then so as not to record bumps as an event
Like I said,I have it reduced to very much near end of range!
As for not recording in hindsight, the parking mode recording does exactly this! It is constantly buffering, and if it detects an event or video motion, it will record the ten seconds of buffer before and whatever after (mine set to 1 min).
The same way a digital PVR timeshifts generally (buffering, and giving option-in of recording previous and further).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Viewer, Apps and Software 2
Back