Looking for dashcam for semitruck, need three cameras.

Hello, I just found and joined this forum, I am looking for a three camera setup to record the front and the sides of my truck.

I have spent a long time researching various DVR solutions, but they are expensive, thousands of dollars, and they are not HD.

My solution is to use three separate dash-cams, one inside the truck, looking forward, and this seems to be the easy part. While, two more dash-cams outside looking back at the tractor and trailer. The problem is, I drive through rain, sleet, snow and black-ice all the time, and during summer the heat can reach 120F. So I need something sturdy that can take beating.

I found this, but it is pretty spendy.

http://tachyoninc.com/bikercam.php

I could absorb the costs, my main concern is that the biker-cam wont be up to the task. The rain cover looks rather flimsy. Is there something more heavy-duty like the biker cam, similar size and mounting. I plan on putting the camera under the mirror.

Thank you for your help.
Hush, you might want to look at the Planet Halo PH4. It has up to 4 cameras. I use it in my RV. I have front, driver side (outside), rear (top of the RV) and the 4th camera is for the interior of the RV. This way, I can leave it running in "Park" mode for security purposes when I leave the vehicle.
http://www.planethalo.com

I think RV people are using DVRs that were meant for homes. Do you have a sleeper cab with 110v outlets? Is so, a security DVR might be the way to go.

You wish is my command.
We have just launched a 3 Channel / Camera solution, 1 Front facing and 2 external cameras hidden in "blind spot mirrors" so they can film the near side and off side, or you can put one on the rear elevation or inside the truck load area and film all those passengers jumping aboard at the channel crossings.
It also has GPS, OBD 24/7/365 power supply, Super Capacitor, NO internal battery, 24/7/365 Parking recording and no holes need to be made in the vehicle and no special installation skills. Full details on eBay 201471023559 3 Ch Camera DashCam GPS 24/7/365 Parking Rec. 3D G Sensor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201471023559
Don't see any video samples?

$_35.JPG

I am well aware that this site is not for advertising, and I don't bother with video samples on eBay because I have heard of too many occasions when the actual video quality is not the same as that advertised. I could email you some but what would that mean? I let the product and specification speak for itself. I have been supplying the logistics industry for 20+ years and fleet customers, insurers, etc wouldn't keep coming back. We developed 3 years ago the first and only digital still camera with a security watermark on every image specifically for fleet and insurance customers. We create what the industry needs not bells and whistles that sound good and no one uses after a few weeks.
Max

I am well aware that this site is not for advertising, and I don't bother with video samples on eBay because I have heard of too many occasions when the actual video quality is not the same as that advertised. I could email you some but what would that mean? I let the product and specification speak for itself. I have been supplying the logistics industry for 20+ years and fleet customers, insurers, etc wouldn't keep coming back. We developed 3 years ago the first and only digital still camera with a security watermark on every image specifically for fleet and insurance customers. We create what the industry needs not bells and whistles that sound good and no one uses after a few weeks.
Max

I agree with you, - YT compresses videos and does not always represents true video quality.

I could email you some but what would that mean? I let the product and specification speak for itself.
Max

Specs on the paper doesn't mean much without real original video files. Same technical specs lens can vary in price and quality up to 20x, hence different video quality despite "on the paper" they might look the same. Also firmware tune-up plays big role as well.

You can upload raw / original video files samples from main and secondary camera recordings ( day, night, evening ) to dropbox or mega.nz and share download links here. This way people have objective overview of the video quality.

Many folks here use mega.nz to post raw files and it works very well. Just create an account, add the footage, then give us the link to it in a post, pretty simple.

Youtube vids will show differences but only major ones. It's great to gain an audience from or to share widely, but it does lose the details folks like us want to see. Both have their reasons and best usage, and nothing stops you from using either or both.

Phil

I have been supplying the logistics industry for 20+ years and fleet customers, insurers, etc wouldn't keep coming back
v

Yes, but this site is primarily lower end consumers, and apparently the product you are trying to sell to individual truck owners or drivers, is geared toward them.

:)

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just curious about the cam.

The mini stick on spot mirror cams are interesting, and a logical solution for trucks.

Max

You can share the uncompressed raw video files via http://mega.nz or http://dropbox.com
Customers will want to see the actual day and night video performance before they buy. As Niko said, specs don't mean a whole lot especially when you've seen some of the real word results on some of the systems out there.
Show us the goods :)

Back