WIFI FAILED AGAIN!

JaseQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 650 2 CH
I have the Blackvue 650 2CH dashcam which I have owned since September and it is hard wired into my vehicle using the Power Magic Pro. I have had the dashcam replaced a couple of times due to various issues I have come across and it was recently replaced so that I could utilise the Cloud facility. The dashcam is running the latest firmware 2.001.
The issue I seem to be having now is that almost on a daily basis the dashcam gives the audible message 'WIFI FAILED' and the only way which I can rectify this is by pushing the button on the side of the unit which formats the SD card which has the desired effect until the next day or sometimes until the next time I use the vehicle.
I have no idea why this message is becoming so regular but it does get annoying having to format the SD card each time the WIFI fails. Is this an issue with the firmware or the dashcam itself?
The other problem I have from time to time is sometimes when driving the dashcam will shut down for no apparent reason. Again is there anything which could be causing this issue?

Maybe a failing SD card to cause the WIFI failure.... Have you tried a second card? And what brand are you using?

I have the Blackvue 650 2CH dashcam which I have owned since September and it is hard wired into my vehicle using the Power Magic Pro. I have had the dashcam replaced a couple of times due to various issues I have come across and it was recently replaced so that I could utilise the Cloud facility. The dashcam is running the latest firmware 2.001.
The issue I seem to be having now is that almost on a daily basis the dashcam gives the audible message 'WIFI FAILED' and the only way which I can rectify this is by pushing the button on the side of the unit which formats the SD card which has the desired effect until the next day or sometimes until the next time I use the vehicle.
I have no idea why this message is becoming so regular but it does get annoying having to format the SD card each time the WIFI fails. Is this an issue with the firmware or the dashcam itself?
The other problem I have from time to time is sometimes when driving the dashcam will shut down for no apparent reason. Again is there anything which could be causing this issue?

This does sound like it may be software related, a couple things I would suggest to try would be:

1. Make sure you're using a pittasoft sd card ie. the original that came with the camera.
2. Downgrade to firmware version 1.009 and see if there are still any noticeable issues with the camera.

If you're not using the Cloud service you don't really need to run 2.10 firmware.

Before 2.0 came out, the Wifi would automatically turn it self off after 15 minutes. The 2.0+ firmware tells the camera to keep the WiFi on, so perhaps your camera is still turning its WiFi off randomly.

We highly recommend seeking support and reporting the issues you have experienced to the UK distributor so they can follow up with Pittasoft on a resolution.
http://www.blackvue.com/distributors/

Thank you, we have not formally released firmware 2.1 into Australia but some customers have reported using this software successfully.

I am having the same problem and I purchased the 650 November 2015. I have not tried formatting the micro sim which is a 16GB blackvue sim. I do have the latest firmware 2.01 so I think it could be a problem with this firmware.

I am having the same problem and I purchased the 650 November 2015. I have not tried formatting the micro sim which is a 16GB blackvue sim. I do have the latest firmware 2.01 so I think it could be a problem with this firmware.

It is important that you contact your local authorised supplier so they can raise this issue for you with the manufacturer. We are unable to raise an issue for a customer from overseas. Thank you

I've been on to Pittasoft about this and they're looking in to it. They're also looking into the latest version of the Blackvue C app (V1.021) not showing files when viewing over the cloud.

It's not SD card related (certain not in my case) as I've tried 4 different SD cards and they all have the same issue. Including the supplied BlackVue card.

Log into the device and make sure cloud related is turned off should cure the problem

The only thing that turning off cloud related does is silence the message. It doesn't solve the issue of the wifi not connecting.

I think it is firmware as with V2.0 mine had no issues connecting to my home wifi when I pulled up at the house. The reason I reverted to V1.009 is due to the GPS problems.

V2.001 fixes that and GPS lock is achieved almost instantly. The issue now is it seems to struggle to connect to a saved network.

When logging into the device the option to log into a network has gone when logging in through wifi it's just got option saying cloud related so how do you connect to a network :/

In the iOS app the network log in section is below the cloud related toggle.

In android I can't remember exactly where it is but it is there as I was testing it with my Z3 and iPhone 6 Plus the other day.

It's vanished on my iPhone I just have the cloud related button

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm not by the car at the moment so can't show you. But it's definitely there.

I have scrolled all the way to the bottom and it's defiantly vanished I'll get another screen shot in a bit . What I did find is when I logged into the cloud which luckily I did before I updated the app the option is there but only through the cloud log in.

This is what you should have. This is with V1.021 BlackVue C app and Firmware V2.001.

Cloud Service Hotspot Connection Settings is where it's all located.

9446fe4b37ce9514734963a35194c144.jpg

Might be worth deleting the app and reinstalling it?

Back