UK - £30 DashCam at Aldi with 3 Year Warranty

Better form factor than I was expecting. Thought it might have been covered on LEDs like some the real cheap cameras.

Picked up one of these, its my first dashcam. In some ways I am pleased with it but in some circs you get a lot of blockiness. In the little research I have done this is apparently common with trees in view causing artifacts.
Only 24fps from what I can make out.
It does as a 1st cam but the night performance varies wildly. I have played with the EV anyone found a good setting for this or have you left it at 0? Rather not have to change it night / day every time.

Appreciate LED's are useless on dashcams, for info this one suggests it has IR and is turned on off in the menu, there is however no menu option for this, I have found pressing the power button quickly turns it on and off. It is a normal white led.
It is supplied with a class 4 card

Last edited:
It does as a 1st cam but the night performance varies wildly.
(...) for info this one suggests it has IR (...). It is a normal white led.
Welcome to the world of the cheapest generic dashcams. Oh, and welcome to DCT! :)

that makes more sense then, spec said 1080p30 which 96620 can't do but if it's 1080p24 it's interpolated, the chipset only supports native 720p and upscales to do its version of 1080p, with these you often find it will give better results when set to 720p

that makes more sense then, spec said 1080p30 which 96620 can't do but if it's 1080p24 it's interpolated, the chipset only supports native 720p and upscales to do its version of 1080p, with these you often find it will give better results when set to 720p
Thanks for the tip I'll try it at 720
As a side note on playback it makes it look as if I am driving a fair bit faster than I was, am I right in thinking this phenomenon is due to the wide angle lens? Is this common with dashcams with wide angle lenses?

Last edited:
As a side note on playback it makes it look as if I am driving a fair bit faster than I was, am I right in thinking this phenomenon is due to the wide angle lens? Is this common with dashcams with wide angle lenses?
It's not only wide angle lens cameras. If I'm not mistaken, all dashcameras give that misleading perception.

Hi

Not to impressed the ALDI dash cam has died, after just 7 days. Turned the car on this morning and the dash cam failed to fire up. So its back to Aldi for a refund.

Did anyone end up buying this? Was it any good lol?

Oh i. I've only just signed up to the forum - I replied on the second page of the thread I hadn't seen this haha.

no its because your player is playing at 30fps so each second viewed on it is 1.2 x of actual footage which obviously looks speeded up and is !

Back