Freeze lcd screen at 0A37

NYCEAGLE

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Guyz, I try to update the firmware to A037. When I insert the SD Card with firmware patch, the cam screen is stuck for last few hours. It's just keep saying 0A37. I turn off and turn on many times same problem.

Can anyone suggest what should I do.

Plus iam having hard to find right viewer for this firmware.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1442425986543.jpg
    1442425986543.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 11
Assuming that's a 7900 ACE.

1. Download the firmware file.
2. format the SD card through Lukas viewer.
3. Copy and paste unzipped files into the SD card.
4. Start a car engine. (To prevent power cut-off while updating)
5. Connect power then turn on the dash cam. When ‘SD_Fail’ appears on the segment window, insert the SD card.
6. ‘UPDA’ appears on the segment window.
7. After the update is complete, dash cam automatically reboots.
8. The update is complete.

If you go by the numbers it should update fine.

viewer can be downloaded from here (for the 7900 ACE)

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=121

I'm sure there are folks that know way more than I do and they'll chime in.

Assuming that's a 7900 ACE.

1. Download the firmware file.
2. format the SD card through Lukas viewer.
3. Copy and paste unzipped files into the SD card.
4. Start a car engine. (To prevent power cut-off while updating)
5. Connect power then turn on the dash cam. When ‘SD_Fail’ appears on the segment window, insert the SD card.
6. ‘UPDA’ appears on the segment window.
7. After the update is complete, dash cam automatically reboots.
8. The update is complete.

If you go by the numbers it should update fine.

viewer can be downloaded from here (for the 7900 ACE)

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer&wr_id=121

I'm sure there are folks that know way more than I do and they'll chime in.

That would be my advice at this point.

Dear @Daleg thanks for your help. But it's still not working out. It's stuck on 0A37.

Is it possible I have to update first on the previous firmware.

I was away for last two years. I don't remember which previous firmware was inside the unit. What I remember it was 027. Is there some how I can rest the unit with previous firmware. Currently I can't do anything. Many times I format the SD card with viewer, but it's same problem.

I need instructions what should I do to bring back this unit working.
Thanks

Have you tried a different SD card? Try a new card first. It's possible that you may solve the issue with a different card...as they do have a limited life and occasionally bite the dust and cause all sorts of errors with your camera. Make sure you are using a full size Class 10 SD card and not a micro. SD cards are considered a consumable and do wear out and some brands just don't play nice.
If a new card does not work, take a look in the vendor section and find a Lukas vendor and pose the question. Kelvin at Blackboxed.ca is very helpful as are others. I'm fairly new at this myself but haven't had any issues with my 7900 at all...knock on wood...but there are a lot of smart folks here that really know there way around a dash cam and are happy to help.

NYCEAGLE.....what's the word...any luck?

I think you mixed up the camera model and firmware file? There's more LK7900 models now and it's confusing.
LK7900 ACE latest is version AC31 but not posted on Lukas website here.
LK7900 ARA D type is version OA37.

Check you got the right file.

I had the same issue..i used wrong image for LK-7900 ACE (used ARE) and on bootup it was stuck with OA37. So what i did was follow instructions for IMAGE update but had SD card plugged in already when I clicked the ON switch. Waiting on SD Fail did not work for me. I plugged in SD with right image, connected power, turn ON and then i saw Update started..

I definitely could use some help. I purchased LK-7900g Ara + 128SDXC memory card when I went to their website looking for Lucas view for Mac (El Capitan) it shows two different versions "Type" B and G which is the correct version for me? Same problem for software updates for the DVR. That problem is minor compared to the memory card, I can format it in the 7900 DVR the voice prompts suggest everything went fine but then when I put it in my laptop it will not recognize it Lucas viewer software both versions will not recognize it. I used SD formatter to reformat SDXC when finished the computer will recognize SDXC but the viewer software won't.

Back