A few problems with DR750LW

elfstone

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

This is my first post here - I just very recently got this camera model. I am... uhmm... not completely dissatisfied with it. However, I have some issues that annoy me to no end. I'm not going to specifically talk about video quality, although I would like the ability to increase the bitrate of the video files.

1. There is a slight delay in switching from parking mode to normal mode which is troublesome. As it appears, it takes several minutes before the camera "figures out" I'm driving, and during this time it stays in parking mode. Is there a way to switch from parking to normal manually? My cam is hooked to Power Magic Pro, always powered. One workaround would be to turn off the power before starting driving, but that feels way to cumbersome. Pushing the side button only creates an event file.

2. The PC viewer is laggy and skippy. It's useless for viewing the video. Are there any tweaks or tricks to make it work?

3. Fixed mount. Are there any aftermarket swivel mounts for this camera???

4. Rear cam mirrored view. Interestingly, there is an entry in that config.ini file that seems like it should be doing that, but it doesn't work.

If you have any solution or comment to any of the above points, please help. Thank you in advance.

I'm afraid I have only just got this camera myself so I'm a noob myself , the pc viewer is pretty basic from what I have experienced so far

I have had issues with the mic not being very clear, particularly under acceleration, have you experienced that ?

I'm going to look into the custom firmware but I'm a little concerned about increase in bitrate taking up more room on the sd card as I used the camera for 12 hour shifts

Do you have a GPS attached? I find with it it only takes about 100m or so before it switches from P to D mode (providing there is GSP lock from the moment you start the car).

I find with the GPS and P mode it loses connection overnight, will take 1-3 mins to regain the lock.

2. The PC viewer is laggy and skippy. It's useless for viewing the video. Are there any tweaks or tricks to make it work?
Mine don't have the problem. Probably need to reinstalled the Viewer. There is a new version now, ver 2.44 (link http://www.blackvue.com/?wpdmdl=4038)

3. Fixed mount. Are there any aftermarket swivel mounts for this camera???
I am afraid they don't have. Need to buy from BlackVue local retailer/distributor

I have had issues with the mic not being very clear, particularly under acceleration, have you experienced that ?
Having this same problem. Probably the mic is sensitive of probably BlackVue need to look into the mic pad there are using now. More R&D required.

Basically this thread is good to continue to report DR750 problems. Like mine, I have a LCD touchscreen problem (not responsive) after owing this model for 7 months. Well, send back to the local dealer and have it fixed by BlackVue in Korea. Just got it back yesterday. According to the dealer, they replace the LCD Touchscreen.

Back