On the fence? Go with Pier28, you won't regret it!

kevin_nj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC (replaced A118)
The first dashcam I bought price point was a major factor in what I bought and from whom. When I began to have trouble with it the support was not there. Basically it was "warranty is over, we can't help", they didn't even make suggestions on what the problem could be from or if it could be resolved.

After much research, I opted this time to pay a fair amount more and bought from Pier28. Order was processed and shipped quickly. On opening the box I discovered some extras tossed in, which went towards minimizing the chasm in the price I paid.

Fast forward several months and the dashcam begins to behave erratically. Locate a thread on here that matches my issue, so I reach out to Jon. Within an hour he processes a RMA and in under a week I have a new dashcam in my mailbox.

Fast forward a few months later: discover a new problem, notify Jon, I get an email with the tracking info for the RMA exchange BEFORE he even responds to me!

That extra I spent to buy from Pier28? What extra? Service outlasts price any day.

Thanks for the kind words, you'll be pleased with the latest SG9665GC v2 batch replacement for sure. (Street Guardian always makes incremental improvements)

Kudos to Pier28 (Jon) and Street Guardian. While my new unit is still not installed, I am hoping for a problem free device with miles of happy recording. It is comforting and refreshing to see the level of customer support I have read about on this forum. Bravo!

Back