Replaced the battery

Trioxide

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Ojocam Mini 0801 - no GPS - no internal memory
Hi Everyone,

The battery in my 9 month old Mini 0801 finally died...couldn't hold a charge anymore.

I bought a 3.7V 350mAh battery...of course it was 1 cm too big to fit inside the plastic case of the camera...so I had to come up with a way of securing it to the camera...I fed the battery wires through one of the vent holes I created a few months back and used detachable velcro to attach the battery...this way I still have access to the memory card. What do you think ? Hey, it works great and it's not conspicuous :p

DSCF3403_zps5b164ac6.jpg

DSCF3410_zps1cae8333.jpg

DSCF3409_zps5bbcb4f4.jpg

DSCF3411_zpsdf82e982.jpg

DSCF3412_zps241dab6f.jpg

Has yours been getting that hot to need all those holes? My 0801 seems to be fine.

I've replaced the battery in my camera too but bought the same type/size.

I'll be interested to hear how the battery fares over some time. When I first received my 0801, the 'battery' in it would barely keep the camera alive long enough to format a memory card.

My original lasted 10 months. I didn't fancy sending it back to China for repair as they said it would take approx 40 -45 days and I'd have to pay for postage (which is fair enough @ £25 ish), so I bought two batteries via ebay that came from Hong Kong (so I have a spare :) ) for £8.80. So far so good.

Has yours been getting that hot to need all those holes? My 0801 seems to be fine.

I've replaced the battery in my camera too but bought the same type/size.

Can you post a link to the item you bought on ebay?

Thanks

Here you go https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121334065403
Took nearly 2 weeks to arrive though, but I wasn't in a rush.
Is there any reason not to use this instead?
Maybe it is too thick?
Seems to be widely available in the UK with next day delivery and a reasonable price.

http://cpc.farnell.com/overlander/2651/battery-li-po-heli-1s-3-7v-380mah/dp/BT05852

Product Information
Overlander 3.7V 380mAh LiPo Battery for Hubsan X4C FPV Micro Camera Quad Copter
  • BATTERY, LI-PO, HELI, 1S 3.7V 380MAH
  • Battery Capacity: 380mAh
  • Battery Technology: Lithium Polymer
  • Battery Voltage: 3.7V
  • External Depth: 8mm
  • External Height: 31mm
  • External Width: 20mm
  • Weight: 10g

It looks ok...I have one of the Hubsan quad copters somewhere too.

I have my 0801 since June this year. Since a few months, the led light is not always blue, but sometimes blinking red.
At first I thought ite meant something was wrong, but it turns out it means the 0801 is charing the battery.
I have my 0801 connected to the cigarette lighter, so it's always powered when driving.
Nevertheless current it is always in "charging" mode.
I guess my battery is dead or dying?

I have a generic 720p w/o screen that does not use battery ( I assume no capacitor either ).
It is wired directly with ( + always hot), and (+ accessories) to turn on/off.
The (+ always hot) acts as a battery to maintain date and closes file upon shut down.
If only they make the mini w/ screen & hard wired !.
Wondering ... if you disable the screen, can you replace with super capacitor ?.

My original lasted 10 months. I didn't fancy sending it back to China for repair as they said it would take approx 40 -45 days and I'd have to pay for postage (which is fair enough @ £25 ish), so I bought two batteries via ebay that came from Hong Kong (so I have a spare :) ) for £8.80. So far so good.
got my two batterys from your link and fitted one yesterday...bench tested and all is well ...thanks for the link...

Were any of you guys getting a solid red, without the ability to power up camera? I have tried hardwired with several different USB cables... nothing. with the camera being unplugged I get nothing when I push power button.

I recently took the battery out of mine, when I noticed that the case was deformed. The battery was huge! It had inflated so much, I'm surprised it didn't explode as these LiPos are known to!

Seems really odd to have a LiPo powering the cam, since they are dangerous, and don't like to be discharged passed 2.7 volts otherwise it is dangerous to recharge them.

Why not use NiCad or something else?

Anyway, I've been using it without the battery for a while now and it's been fine. I did have an issue with the mount coming loose over time, but managed to add solder to the contacts so it no longer disconnects on speed bumps. Also I used to be a big seller of car power supplies which turn off when the battery on the car is below a certain amount, so the cam would still operate for a few hours when the engine is off.

Anyway, just bought a 500mah battery, will see how long it lasts.

I think it's been fine since fitting it in October 2014. Power only lasts about 4-5 mins now, but I think I didn't do it any favours by leaving it powered on a permanently, by mistake, after I moved it to the rear of the car where the socket in the boot is always Live.

Good job I have another battery, if it still works. (I hear that they need to be regularly charged/discharged when storing them)

Thanks for reply. I 'm using 0801 since Dec 2013 and battery is still good condition. Also didn't happened any problem about hot places in summer time under sun. So i think this battery is good quality inside my 0801. But i think will be need to replace soon. I'm searching good quality battery just like inside.

Back