2008 Buick Enclave Anyone installed a hard wire power supply?

Psyex

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, Mobius
Has anyone installed a dash cam power supply in a Buick Enclave? I have been looking for a keyed power circuit to piggy back my power supply on however every circuit I have checked on the interior fuse panel seems to be powered with the key off. Is there a keyed power circuit on this fuse panel. Any help would be appreciated as I am scratching my head here...

is there more than one fuse box in the vehicle?

if you have things like the radio and cig lighter that stay active after key off you may find they turn off once a door is opened or after a set amount of time

power windows also rarely work at key off

There is more than one but the other is under the hood and by the looks of things anything that is energized by the key is under the hood. The fuse panel is under the dash passenger size and to get your hand in there you had better be a four year old and a contortionist. It is fused with low profile mini fuses. Leave it to Buick to have such a large vehicle and put the smallest fuses known to man in it. I gave up and wired the cam through the mirror as that is a switched supply, not ideal but does work and is not noticeable as I thought it may be.

Has anyone installed a dash cam power supply in a Buick Enclave? I have been looking for a keyed power circuit to piggy back my power supply on however every circuit I have checked on the interior fuse panel seems to be powered with the key off. Is there a keyed power circuit on this fuse panel. Any help would be appreciated as I am scratching my head here...
Too late now as you seem to have found a keyed source at the mirror. But "how" were you checking for keyed sources. It would be very odd for Buick to have every fuse powered in that fuse box as keyed only source. Checking with a multi meter and the fuse pulled only one side of the bus will tell you anything. The lid (typically) will describe what function the fuse controls.. things like the radio .. cigarette lighter are typically on only when key on.. brakes are a good source for power on all ways.

Was checking with a multimetre. Yes I know about one side being powered and the other not. I am a mechanic by trade but I work on locomotives these days so a Buick is not my usual casualty. The key'd sources seem to all be in the fuse panel in the engine compartment, there is no cig lighter fuse on the inside fuse panel. Just things like the radio and infotainment both I thought would be key'd but apparently not. All of the fuses one would expect to find on the interior fuse panel are in the eng compartment. I don't usually like to tap into other accessories but really had no choice here.

Was checking with a multimetre. Yes I know about one side being powered and the other not. I am a mechanic by trade but I work on locomotives these days so a Buick is not my usual casualty. The key'd sources seem to all be in the fuse panel in the engine compartment, there is no cig lighter fuse on the inside fuse panel. Just things like the radio and infotainment both I thought would be key'd but apparently not. All of the fuses one would expect to find on the interior fuse panel are in the eng compartment. I don't usually like to tap into other accessories but really had no choice here.
I have a 2014 Buick Enclave and have been experiencing the same problem with finding the right fuses in the interior fuse. I bought a power battery pack to give me constant power for parking mode. I want to use fuse slot designated for heated seats. According to manual, the car needs to be turned on for seats to be heated. Does this sound like a practical solution? Waiting for the delivery of battery.

I have a 2014 Buick Enclave and have been experiencing the same problem with finding the right fuses in the interior fuse. I bought a power battery pack to give me constant power for parking mode. I want to use fuse slot designated for heated seats. According to manual, the car needs to be turned on for seats to be heated. Does this sound like a practical solution? Waiting for the delivery of battery.

Buick's manual sucks and is extremely confusing: https://ownersman.com/manuals/2014-Buick-Enclave-owners-manual

I'm not sure if pages 299/300 are the glove box fuse box.

Generally, Power Seats make a wonderful Battery Fuse. They are always on. Heated / Cooled Seats generally do fine for Accessory (Fuse Only Active with Ignition).

From the manual, it looks like these fuses aren't shared with any other critical systems.

Buick's manual sucks and is extremely confusing: https://ownersman.com/manuals/2014-Buick-Enclave-owners-manual

I'm not sure if pages 299/300 are the glove box fuse box.

Generally, Power Seats make a wonderful Battery Fuse. They are always on. Heated / Cooled Seats generally do fine for Accessory (Fuse Only Active with Ignition).

From the manual, it looks like these fuses aren't shared with any other critical systems.
Thanks will report back when installed.

The Buick Enclave was very difficult to install a dash cam. I have the Blackvue 900x dash cam and I also purchased the B-124x battery pack. I removed the fuse for the heated seats and used fuse taps to install original fuse and a 20a fuse. The fuses are mini profile. The battery pack did not come with mini profile fuse taps so I called to request them and it was shipped with no extra cost. In order to get to the fuse box under the dash, I had to lay upside on the passenger seat Note: put tape over the carpet edge in case u drop fuse. It will fall inside the carpet and good luck with retrieving it. I placed the battery pack in the glove compartment. Hiding the wiring for the front camera was pretty easy but the back camera was challenging. I do have some wiring showing due to the lift gate. Everything seems to be working properly. Thanks for the advice I received from this forum. I hope my thread can help someone else.

The Buick Enclave was very difficult to install a dash cam. I have the Blackvue 900x dash cam and I also purchased the B-124x battery pack. I removed the fuse for the heated seats and used fuse taps to install original fuse and a 20a fuse. The fuses are mini profile. The battery pack did not come with mini profile fuse taps so I called to request them and it was shipped with no extra cost. In order to get to the fuse box under the dash, I had to lay upside on the passenger seat Note: put tape over the carpet edge in case u drop fuse. It will fall inside the carpet and good luck with retrieving it. I placed the battery pack in the glove compartment. Hiding the wiring for the front camera was pretty easy but the back camera was challenging. I do have some wiring showing due to the lift gate. Everything seems to be working properly. Thanks for the advice I received from this forum. I hope my thread can help someone else.

I can 100% tell by your message that you have not installed properly....See image. This as I explained before is proper wiring for the Rear Hatch.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    824.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I can 100% tell by your message that you have not installed properly....See image. This as I explained before is proper wiring for the Rear Hatch.
Did u have to pop off moulding? I saw others installing wire that way but don't want to damage my moulding.

Did u have to pop off moulding? I saw others installing wire that way but don't want to damage my moulding.

That's not my car. I don't drive a Buick. This is a stock image I found online. The molding with the Yellow Arrow is the one that needs removed. You need to feed the wire (See red line) exactly how it's pictured. From the Rear Pillar (if there's an airbag in that pillar that trim needs removed and routed behind airbag). Up the weather stripping. To the black grommet (looks like a spring). And then Remove Trim with Yellow Arrow. And mount as described.

Any other method will result in camera cable developing a short over time because the cable is dangling and bending with opening / closing the hatch.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

It appears the 2008 Buick Enclave DOES HAVE a side curtain. When running the wire from Front to Back, the wire NEEDS FED BEHIND any curtains. I don't have a diagram of your vehicle to know where the curtains deploy.

Never TUCK a wire and cross over a curtain. Wires must be routed BEHIND side airbags. Meaning pillar trim may need removed.

1629226737001.png

That's not my car. I don't drive a Buick. This is a stock image I found online. The molding with the Yellow Arrow is the one that needs removed. You need to feed the wire (See red line) exactly how it's pictured. From the Rear Pillar (if there's an airbag in that pillar that trim needs removed and routed behind airbag). Up the weather stripping. To the black grommet (looks like a spring). And then Remove Trim with Yellow Arrow. And mount as described.

Any other method will result in camera cable developing a short over time because the cable is dangling and bending with opening / closing the hatch.

View attachment 57879
Thanks!

Back