Review: SOLOVE S1 10,000mAh Marble Battery Pack Power Bank by VANTRUE

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
This product was sent by Vantrue (@JIVAN ) for review. Thanks!
-------------------------------******************-------------------------------
Review summary: Works Excellent! ultra sleek portable design, unique and beautiful marble design.
To conclude, it looks great, feels great and works great in a very slim package.
The build quality is excellent so hopefully, it'll work reliably for a long time.
-------------------------------******************-------------------------------
Product is sold by VANTRUE at amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B019032GKO
Details:
This is rated 10,000mAh .
It comes with the following:
1. 10,000mah battery pack in marble design.
2. Sleeve for the battery pack. (Nice for carrying around to protect from scratches and dings.)
3. USB to micro USB charging cable.
4. Printed manual.
5. Post card (Nice gesture!).
6. Thin semi-transparent paper with something in Chinese. (it must say something nice, need to translate).

Physically, it is very elegant looking and doesn't look like typical battery pack.
It's as long as my Galaxy Note II but not as wide.
It looks very professional and elegant unlike generic bulky ugly battery packs.

Front side has one USB output port and four small battery level LED's.
Right side has micro USB charging port and the back side has power button.
Back bottom has brand and specs printed.
Back has input output port labels as well as specifications:
DC5.1V/2.1A
Battery pack tests:
To check the battery level, you have to press the power button on the back and four LED's light up.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II that has 3100mAh battery.
I completely drained the Note and charged with fully charged SOLOVE S1 battery pack.
During charging, LED at the power level constantly blinks.
A full charge took around 6 hours from a wall charger that came with my tablet.
The wall charger got warm but the battery pack was not even warm. So pretty safe. ;)

It took little over 2 hours to charge the Note II. Even though it says max 5.1v/2.1A, it depends upon the device to fully utilize the output.
One of the attached pictures shows Galaxy Charging app measures it charging Note II at 1400mAh @ 4333 mV.
The app is not 100% accurate but gives pretty close readings.
LED on the battery was at 2 after that. I was using the phone as well so it used up more than 3100mAh, probably around 4500mAh.
I charged a tablet (turned off) that has 3500mAh battery and after full charge, last LED was blinking.
So that's 8000mAh roughly that the battery charged and still had some left.
This SOLOVE 10,000mah charged Note II's 3100mah battery while using the phone and tablet's 3500mAh battery and still had some left.
2nd full charge also resulted in over 8000mAh charged with some left.

I've attached product pictures to show size comparisons with Note II.
This 10,000mah SOLOVE S1 battery pack looks very nice like a decorative piece and works great as well!
Pictures of the product:
DSC03609-solove-usb.jpg

DSC03610-solove-usb.jpg
DSC03612-solove-usb.jpg

DSC03613-solove-usb.jpg

DSC03615-solove-usb.jpg

Screenshot_2016-01-11-16-14-01.png

Last edited:
Back