DOD LS400W latest firmware

dvas

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi All,

around 3 weeks ago, I got DOD LS400W via aliexpress. The FW version is LS400W20130461. I have contacted DOD directly to get the latest release, but I didn't get even a single reply from them.
I contacted tsingtec and they have replied me instantly stating that the latest version is 20130531 but DOD didn't provide it for download.
I contacted the seller of course to get the latest version, but they replied after contacting DOD that the FW is not upgradable by the user.
Can someone help me and share with me the latest FW so I can upgrade it?

thanks,
Sasha

Unless you bought your DOD from an authorized seller (you didn't) there is no way to get the firmware from DOD.
They do not support grey market cameras, period. Internet sellers (even if they have the firmware) are reluctant to give it out for whatever reason they have. (i.e.: potential problems with DOD)

Gurkha9 said:
Unless you bought your DOD from an authorized seller (you didn't) there is no way to get the firmware from DOD.
They do not support grey market cameras, period. Internet sellers (even if they have the firmware) are reluctant to give it out for whatever reason they have. (i.e.: potential problems with DOD)

I can think of a few reasons why they're reluctant to give it out, doesn't help the end users though

So I bought mine from an authorized distributor in nanning, guangxi, china, when i was on vacation, but i'm back in Colorado now, so is there a way I can get my unit updated with the latest firmware. That newer firmware sure looks pretty

35.jpg

Did anyone manage to get the latest one? What is really the latest one that is writing the on the left side in yellow?

If anyone here has the latest fw and can share it, pls PM me.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Don't want to hijack your thread but how do you correctly format the SD card ? I used the format choice in the unit and cam froze up after 20 min. of usage, HELP !

GuidoFL said:
Don't want to hijack your thread but how do you correctly format the SD card ? I used the format choice in the unit and cam froze up after 20 min. of usage, HELP !

that's the correct way to format, these DOD models are a bit fussy about what memory cards they work with which is possibly your issue

I used SanDisk Ultra 32 GB class 10 . Any idea what the issue is ? I set looping at 2 minutes.

GuidoFL said:
I used SanDisk Ultra 32 GB class 10 . Any idea what the issue is ? I set looping at 2 minutes.

got another card you can try?

there's a thread here about card issues with DOD models, even some of the more popular models can cause issues

GuidoFL said:
NO ..........................

3th time i linking this topic this week :lol:

check here the compatibility. Ls400w is same hardware of Ls300w , so its share same problems :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1600

been using a Samsung Plus Class 10 32GB , 2 months now ... no complains.

Last edited by a moderator:
GeorgesNJR said:
GuidoFL said:

check here the compatibility. Ls400w is same hardware of Ls300w , so its share same problems :mrgreen:

actually I use Samsung and also the Sandisk Class10 U1 cards and have had no problems with the LS300W with either card

jokiin said:
GeorgesNJR said:
GuidoFL said:

actually I use Samsung and also the Sandisk Class10 U1 cards and have had no problems with the LS300W with either card

Sandisk being instable certain firmwares work , certain not , when not work .... lucky its not corrupted like 64GB Reports :mrgreen:

GeorgesNJR said:
Sandisk being instable certain firmwares work , certain not , when not work .... lucky its not corrupted like 64GB Reports :mrgreen:

I wouldn't try a 64GB card as I believe it's a software hack, it's not officially supported in the hardware they use, I wouldn't risk destroying my card to test how well they've done, will save it for hardware that actually supports it

i was about to get a 64GB Adata them.... someone corrupted , them another one corrupted and i think i pass not worthy the try :p

i been thinking - if run , if work , don´t touch. :lol: in case i think i am fine at moment no errors

Nobody has it to share it?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I contact DOD for Firmware update I was told that they will open RMA than, I need to pay $35 to DOD CANADA for service call and sent unit to devise center in NY. Shipping back is free.

Back