What do you suggest? price is not an option

drtechnology

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need a dash cam that can mount to my 300cc scooter's plastic windshield. A suction cup would be great BUT not needed. I am more worried on specs than mounting. As long as it can hold because the scoot vibrates quite a bit lol.... I am cool - my only reason for asking if any have suction cup is because I fear it being stolen while away from the scoot.

Now, Preferably I would like one of the newer ones I see that have a rechargeable battery because I cannot always have it plugged in. I could try and wire a plug through the body of my scooter and add a 12v outlet on the scoot if need be. So this ultimately is at the end of my wish list but would be nice.

At the BEGINNING of the wish list is something with image stabilization or good quality video day and night. I see some with infrared lights on front for night use but won't those bounce off the windshield and just cause a white blur in the video at night? A low lux camera to see at night would be ideal and something made to stabilize a rocky picture is even more ideal because as stated my scoot is just that - 2 wheels so I vibrate and shake a lot when driving.

I also want quality. I am trying to capture license plates of vehicles who cut me off or try n run into me or do illegal stuff. I have fallen twice due to bad drivers and almost gone down 10's of times more. And I am not even a fast or wreckless driver!!!!! and I am done. I need a video if something else happens and a good one where the license plate is visible - so HQ resolution and HQ video is also at the top of the list!!!

Next - I have a cool app on my phone called Daily Roads Voyager. It is so cool in the fact it has the phone so has GPS to display address info on the video, speed video, time, date info and such. Is there a dash cam that can also display such info on videos so I have that info to show where I am, my speed and the time/date of the incident???

Yea, I know I want a lot lol. Sorry but as I said price is not an issue :) Lastly I want something easy to edit so I can edit videos, add my commentary like me talking about said video as it plays - then I wanna upload them to youtube lol. Put these idiots on blast!

So that being said sound is not an issue. I do not need sound as I am outdoors not in an enclosed car so idk - it would be nice to have a dash cam I could add an external mic to or Bluetooth mic to and put in my helmet (the mic in my helmet) and use that to talk as I ride so my commentary goes on the videos live instead of at home when I edit the videos lol...

So yea, any suggestions? lol

Thanks in Advance

As it is right now i think the BulletHD is somthing of the best out there, it is allso based on the Sony IMX322 thats the best performing CMOS chip at the moment.
That beeing said IMX322 alone do not equal best performing night performance, the firmware allso need to be optimised to get the best out of the Sony chip.
And i do think those cameras is okay and also reciving firmware updates as time go by.

Another good thing is @Pier28 who sell them in the US is one of the much active ppl in here, and his level of service is right up there.

I think the Bullet uses Aptina sensor, no issues with that though as it does good video anyway

As it is right now i think the BulletHD is somthing of the best out there, it is allso based on the Sony IMX322 thats the best performing CMOS chip at the moment.
That beeing said IMX322 alone do not equal best performing night performance, the firmware allso need to be optimised to get the best out of the Sony chip.
And i do think those cameras is okay and also reciving firmware updates as time go by.

Another good thing is @Pier28 who sell them in the US is one of the much active ppl in here, and his level of service is right up there.

Thanks :) Seems nice tho no GPS or speed :( But It does look decent for my bike - will check it out on Pier28's site and I am going to buy in a week or 2 once I see all my options. I do like how it has 1hr recording without battery connection but most likely will just wire into my battery because that is how it is designed :)

Thanks to jokiin too - yea went to amazon and such to see ratings, has 4 stars not bad :) seems like a decent cam. It will be one of the ones I will be comparing when I make my final decision and as of now seems like one I may get.

O its not ??? well shiver my timbers and call me poorly equipped in the memory department, or maybe just not paying enough attention to things i dont have a use for myself :oops:

Jon ( pier28 ) is a pretty nice guy so you will be safe with him.
Allso if you have been looking at youtube videos, do take into account youtube ruin just about all footage a little when they convert it to fit ther twisted needs.

I think GPS can be left out if need be, in a pinch you can determine speed from footage ( distance travled between 2 know points & time it took to do so )
And where things go down can also be ascertained from the footage i assume.
Sure GPS is nice ( i prefer it myself ) but if the right camera was there without GPS i would still snag it up in no time.

Last edited:
O its not ??? well shiver my timbers and call me poorly equipped in the memory department, or maybe just not paying enough attention to things i dont have a use for myself :oops:

Jon ( pier28 ) is a pretty nice guy so you will be safe with him.
Allso if you have been looking at youtube videos, do take into account youtube ruin just about all footage a little when they convert it to fit ther twisted needs.

I think GPS can be left out if need be, in a pinch you can determine speed from footage ( distance travled between 2 know points & time it took to do so )
And where things go down can also be ascertained from the footage i assume.
Sure GPS is nice ( i prefer it myself ) but if the right camera was there without GPS i would still snag it up in no time.

Oh I love the Pier28 site buying there just using amazon for customer ratings and reviews to aid me in deciding which tobuy lol... This one is top of the list for now :)

Quick, someone invent a dash cam with Android on it and works like this: http://www.dailyroads.com/voyager.php

I want 10% of net profits for the idea when U make billions for having the best dash cam out there :) The app is the best in my opinion but only works on a phone and we know phones suck as a dash cam lol

Back