ground bolt corsa

crooner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i'm hard wiring a dash cam to my son's 2009 vauxhall corsa ,
anyone know where i can find a good ground to earth it on his corsa

I installed a extension ( 3 ciggy sockets ) in the rear of my car, i just grapped the grounding off one of the bolts holding the rear seat.

Up front i think i would go looking for one of the bolts holding the dashbord to the firewall, maybe one of the bolts holding the driver seat.

I installed a extension ( 3 ciggy sockets ) in the rear of my car, i just grapped the grounding off one of the bolts holding the rear seat.

Up front i think i would go looking for one of the bolts holding the dashbord to the firewall, maybe one of the bolts holding the driver seat.

i have wired a citroen c3 & was able to connect to one of the factory earths
which was easy to find on the passenger side bottom of pillar, can't find them on the corsa
i'll have a look at the seat bolts, thanks

Any "metal" nut will provide a good earth (ground). Remove (or loosen several turns), wrap clean wire (insulation removed) around bolt and re tighten nut.. Or, to prevent the wire from squeezing out , sandwich the wire between two flat washers and then tighten all.

thanks ralph , i ended up putting a nut & bolt in a factory pre drilled hole in the side boot compartment & running that to the front dash , sorted ,cheers guys

Back