SOOCOO S70 remotes do not work.

slack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bought 2 SOOCOO S70 cameras, because they had the waterproof watch remotes.
The remotes work sporadically, and since the camera will be mounted behind me on the kyak, I have no way of knowing is the camera is recording or not.
The watch LED is suppose to blink "fast" when recording starts,, and it does sometimes, sometimes it glows red, some times it blinks fast. about 50% of the time the button does not start the video, and because the watch indicator LED is not accurate, you have no way of knowing if the video is recording or not.
Video of the problem:
SOOCOO service is useless, no support, wont even acknowledge the problem.

Anyone have any luck with the remote on SOOCOO S60 or S70 ??

Has anyone EVER had luck getting an intelligent response from SooCoo customer support ?

Hey dear maybe you can contact soocoo official ,their service email is service@soocoo.cc.
I have some problem about my S70 before ,but they help to solve.maybe you guys can have a try.

I have contacted Soocoo service via email,, no matter how many times I explain the problem, they do not understand :(

Bought 2 SOOCOO S70 cameras, because they had the waterproof watch remotes.
The remotes work sporadically, and since the camera will be mounted behind me on the kyak, I have no way of knowing is the camera is recording or not.
The watch LED is suppose to blink "fast" when recording starts,, and it does sometimes, sometimes it glows red, some times it blinks fast. about 50% of the time the button does not start the video, and because the watch indicator LED is not accurate, you have no way of knowing if the video is recording or not.
Video of the problem:
SOOCOO service is useless, no support, wont even acknowledge the problem.

Anyone have any luck with the remote on SOOCOO S60 or S70 ??

Please try to upgrade the firmware, the latest firmware download here: http://www.soocoo.cc/DL/S70-Camera-6.0-Version-Firmware.zip

I had already upgraded the firmware, the remote still has the same problems.

I really, really loved this camera, but with the remote have communication problems with the camera,, it is useless to me.
If you could correct the remote issue, the S70 would be the perfect camera.
We had purchased 2 S70 cameras and both had the same problem,, so it appears a design or firmware issue.
Even when the video record would start or stop with the remote, the remote gave the wrong LED response,, so you had no idea it the video started or not.

Slack

The problem of these remotes from any brand is that is a one way communication technology so the remote never knows the camera status.
The GitUp action cameras also have remote as optional and they had the same problem. But the GitUp firmware support is fantastic so they are preparing a new firmware which will enable the remote shutter button to always start the video even the actual recording is started or not. At least from time to time the user can press the remote shutter button to be sure the camera is recording.
Maybe Soocoo will implement this feature which is possible only if they have a real firmware team. But I think not.

enjoy,
Mtz

Drift has a RF remote (not Wifi) that is 2 way. The LED on the remote lights up 1 of 4 colors to show the status of the camera.
Even if you change the mode using the button ON the camera, the remote LED will change.

The SooCoo remote "Should" be 2 way,, as they claim a "long" press of the video button will give status of the camera via the remote LED.
And the remote works correctly about 1 out of 3 times, but as the camera is mounted on a pole 4' behind me,, I have no Idea if the recording started or not, cause the remote is so sporadic.

I love everything about the S70, but without a 100% functioning remote, it is useless to me. And sadly, the support is dismal.

Slack

My Soocoo S70 behaves the same way as Slack's cameras.

I wrote an email to the support team and they answered later. They recommended this video
and it did not help me.
Interesting thing is the simultaneous both-button press when doing "Remote Match".

============================================================
Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2016 10:33 PM
To: "service@soocoo.cc"<service@soocoo.cc>;
Subject: S70 remote control watch do not work
Hello,
I have the same problem, as described here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/soocoo-s70-remotes-do-not-work.16032/
or here in the video (also from previous link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRE6QGqs-rQ

I can recognize these LED signals from remote watch:
5-times long red pulses (probably video stopped)
10-times short red pulses (probably video started)
1 very-long red pulse (??)
1 very-long blue pulse (??)

Please answer, what do the signals mean. It is not documented in user's
manual.

Please note, I use now the latest firmware V6.0.

=ANSWER=====================================================
hey dear, we are so sorry for the problem,wish you can understand it, we have a Spring Festival on 4 February to 15 February,and now, we are at work,may be you dont connect the watch with the camera, please connect according the video,
thank you very much!
------------------
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Kindest regards,
SooCoo Customer Service Team
Tel: (+086)-13392808769
Email: service@soocoo.cc

Back