Salvo9797

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Greetings to everyone here,

This is my very first post in this forum and im glad to be here with great people. So i own a BMW 2009 e92 coupe'. I would like to install a 4ch camera setup. (1. Front, 2. 2x Sides (ideal would be in the side mirrors) but if its not possible, side windows would be great as well) and of course the 3.Rear)

As far as my researches went, i really like the blackvue 650 dual. But its only a 2ch system and the rear is "only 720p. So my question is:
Is there a plug and play system with 4 small cameras in 1080p in a complete set? preferably controllable via iPhone? (like the blackavue) Or could i just buy a separate recorder and where i can plug in all the cameras separately (every camera has its own input?) and how are these recorders called? where can i buy them? whats the best choice for me? money is not the problem, since i want a 360 degree view! and security is not payable!

Many thanks to all of you guys :)

Welcome to DCT forum.
There is one so called 4ch x 1080p but it's mainly sold in Russia only and there are no wifi. However form-factor is not as discrete as I personally would like. How important is design of cameras for you ?

hey many thanks to your really fast responses guys, very impressive :) the cameras should look as stealthy as possible (definitely no monitor in fron and the cameras should be as small as possible.
So what you guys suggest me?

hey many thanks to your really fast responses guys, very impressive :) the cameras should look as stealthy as possible (definitely no monitor in fron and the cameras should be as small as possible.
So what you guys suggest me?

Below is link to that 4ch system:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-ar0330-bluesonic-bs-f010-Спрут-octopus.4898/

And as earlier mentioned it is not widely available and not many feedback about this model, so you have yo look for 4 x single 1080p.

Do you need all 4 cameras for so called parking motion detection recording or only when driving ?

Below is link to that 4ch system:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-ar0330-bluesonic-bs-f010-Спрут-octopus.4898/

And as earlier mentioned it is not widely available and not many feedback about this model, so you have yo look for 4 x single 1080p.

Do you need all 4 cameras for so called parking motion detection recording or only when driving ?

technically I guess this is 4 channel but effectively it's really 4 separate cameras which I think they are better options using individual cameras

@niko
Parking motion is not really that important, but if its already build in then it would be nice, of course. But as i said not that really important.

@jokiin
Ok, since im a total newbie, i really don't know how to set up these things. I mean i have a general clue about that, but how will it work? buying 4 separate 1080p cameras and then? how and in what will i connect them in? and how will they record the stuff?

thanks guys :)

technically I guess this is 4 channel but effectively it's really 4 separate cameras which I think they are better options using individual cameras

yeah, it's can be controlled from one main controller ( display unit ), but each camera has it's own memory card, sort of Frankenstein :), which may be fine for some customers, depending on their needs. It maybe would work for me as well, if only cameras design would be discrete until some truly proper 4ch would be released.

@niko
Parking motion is not really that important, but if its already build in then it would be nice, of course. But as i said not that really important.

@jokiin
Ok, since im a total newbie, i really don't know how to set up these things. I mean i have a general clue about that, but how will it work? buying 4 separate 1080p cameras and then? how and in what will i connect them in? and how will they record the stuff?

thanks guys :)

Overall there is nothing complicated with installation of dashcams, just need time, patience and some basic knowledge of car electrical system ( connection to fuse box in case you don't want to run it from cigarette lighter and knowledge to run cables in your car. Or you can ask some local car audio installation shop to fit this system for you.

How do you like this 4 x single camera set-up ( Street Guardian SGZC12RC ) ?

front-jpg.9628

left-side-jpg.9629

right-side-jpg.9630

Rear camera DIY Project

rear-jpg.9631

The only thing is that you need to hide all 4 main units somewhere. Mostly people hide them in the glove-box.
mini-glove-box-2-jpg.9633

looks fab. So, and all 4 cameras are connected to this display device? i haven't found any information about GPS compatibility? if im honest i really find the image quality from the blackvue better. But its still ok.
So and is there any possibility to mount the rear camera above the license plate? and the side cameras in the side mirrors? (putting the camera out of the mounts)?
Thanks.

looks fab. So, and all 4 cameras are connected to this display device? i haven't found any information about GPS compatibility? if im honest i really find the image quality from the blackvue better. But its still ok.
So and is there any possibility to mount the rear camera above the license plate? and the side cameras in the side mirrors? (putting the camera out of the mounts)?
Thanks.

As I mentioned earlier:

The only thing is that you need to hide all 4 main units somewhere. Mostly people hide them in the glove-box.

Yeah, GPS is missing, but may I ask why you need it ? Is it so important ?

Regarding Blackvue "image quality is better" and it's "reliability" I would recommend you to read BlackVue subforum.

Each camera has one main unit. So you going to have 4 units in your glove-box. I do believe in this case you will not have much spare space left for "gloves", but thats the reality.
There is an external camera for this model, you can see it here. And you can do what ever you want with it: mount above licence plate, or in the side mirrors etc. , all depends on your fantasy and skills. Some people mount them inside RVmirror rain sensor housing @IronMan project HERE.

img_4988_1600-png.20339

Welcome to DCT forum.

Greetings to everyone here,

This is my very first post in this forum and im glad to be here with great people. So i own a BMW 2009 e92 coupe'. I would like to install a 4ch camera setup. (1. Front, 2. 2x Sides (ideal would be in the side mirrors) but if its not possible, side windows would be great as well) and of course the 3.Rear)

As far as my researches went, i really like the blackvue 650 dual. But its only a 2ch system and the rear is "only 720p. So my question is:
Is there a plug and play system with 4 small cameras in 1080p in a complete set? preferably controllable via iPhone? (like the blackavue) Or could i just buy a separate recorder and where i can plug in all the cameras separately (every camera has its own input?) and how are these recorders called? where can i buy them? whats the best choice for me? money is not the problem, since i want a 360 degree view! and security is not payable!

Many thanks to all of you guys :)

I would choose SG9665GC for front and back and SGZC12RC-V2 on the sides.
I have now SGZC12RC front and back . Then I have the Mini 0806 and Mini 0803 on the sides. 0803 will be replaced with a Mobius. The ultimate had been to have 4 of SGZC12RC, but all four main units will be hard to fit in the glove box compartment, if you want to have a bit of storage too. But then Niko shows that you can basically have these main units almost anywhere.
The problem I think with the dual CH dash cam setup is that storage space isn't nearly enough. Let's say you buy two pieces DR650GW-2CH so it is up to 128 / 200GB in each of them.
Right now I have 200GB Sandisk in SGZC12RC and 128GB Lexar 1000x mini in 0803 and the 0806.
I prefer to have all cameras separate just in case anything goes wrong with one of them, so I still have three cameras that are able record.

if im honest i really find the image quality from the blackvue better. But its still ok.

I think the SG9665GC wins over the DR650GW-1CH.

We installed a four camera setup in one of our trucks using an independent dvr mobile box and also a 7" screen so it's also live for assisting with parking. Uses din cables so you can pick and choose what cameras to use such as internal or waterproof external. Doesn't do HD though so no good for plates. Cost about £900 all in including fitting by an auto electrician.

You can get HD ones also I think. Still expensive though. But as it uses a hard drive (I used am ssd incase of vibrations) you get weeks of footage.

Back