DVR-007 battery

Perplexer

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
I have a 5 year old DVR-007 dashcam and the battery in it is barely holding charge (when I turn the car off, I see the battery indicator go down within seconds, although it does seem to still hold enough charge to keep the internal clock going). The cigarette plug charger that came with the camera says OUTPUT: DC 5.5V 400-1000mA. Does that say something about the battery as well?

Can a replacement battery be purchased? What specs should I be looking for?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I attached a picture (previously uploaded by another user) to show what the battery looks like. It doesn't have any markings on it I believe. I'm guessing it would have to be a 5.5V battery minimum, like the charger says. I have once tried to power the camera using a standard USB source (which is I believe 5V) and it didn't turn on. So I guess it wants exactly 5.5V to work.

Attachments

• rguk.eu_s_internals1_640.jpg
    rguk.eu_s_internals1_640.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 9
Update, in case someone else will eventually find this useful:

The battery finally died completely and the camera refused to turn on. I took the battery out and unwrapped it. It is a 3.7V battery, type "363048/A" (stands for 3.6 x 30 x 48 mm which are battery dimensions).

You basically need a replacement battery with the exact same (or lower) dimensions or it won't fit under the cover. The speaker clip and the mounting thread/nut are exactly 30 mm apart and the battery sits between them with maybe 0,5 mm of clearance.

363048 is hard to find but 043040 seems to be more common online, sometimes even 393048.

http://www.perplexer.info/hdhvr720p/hdhvr720p.html

Attachments

• batt.JPG
    batt.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
  • batt2.JPG
    batt2.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back