A few questions about the 750 vs the 650

JayBee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

First post here so hi all :)

I have narrowed down my search for a dashcam setup to these two models but the design of the 750 is very different and leaves me with a few concerns.

It seems quite a bit larger than the 650 and considerably more noticeable. I would love to know the opinion of users and their experiences (particularly in areas where you might have been concerned for security), do you ever take it down and put it out of site; somewhat defeating its parking more purpose?

I understand the quality of the 750 bracket is not as good as the 650 but what about the quality of the footage, are there any other significant improvements? Is the FullHD quality of the rear view of the 750 a worthwile upgrade; does the hardware cope with the bitrate of two HD streams?

I have read conflicting information about the parking feature where some have bought the PowerMagic Pro when some sites say this is not required. Is it that the software is flaky and doesn't handle the voltage/timing features as well as the PMP does?

Finally (and I know it isn't designed for this), does the 750 (and 650 for that matter) provide an adequate picture via live view to say iPhone/iPad to serve as a reversing camera? Does the image not flipping make it practically useless for this feature? I don't need it but would be nice...

I think that about covers it but with it being a significant investment, I want to pick the right one and do prefer the discrete appearance of the 650 (granted sacrificing the FullHD of the rear camera).

Appreciate any input and your time reading this :)

is the rear camera of the 750 the same as the 650?

Thanks.
If I remove a 750 front and leave the 750 rear and install a 650 front, will the 750 rear work with the 650 front?

Thanks again. Asking these questions because my 750 screen is having same problem as that posted on youtube so I was thinking of replacing front with a 650. Looks like i have to replace both.
The youtube problem is the screen "buttons" like settings, list, etc don't work any more. If I press "settings" then List sometimes comes up but never settings anymore.
youtube is at:

probably the touchscreen is faulty. Under warranty? Send back to the retailer.

Thanks

Hi, with the 650 parking is a nightmare. It starts all the time.

Is this different on the 750?

Parked in a shared garage with 40 other cars.

Probably need to change the sensitivity settings in the app

Thanks. Yes, I know. But is it working in the 750? It is NOT working in the 650.

I didn't play with my 650 but do remember seeing a little note that came in the box saying one of the sensitivities should be lowered. I suggest calling thewebcamstore.com and asking or your reseller.

Several users has the same problem, I hope 750 is better and it can be solved so easy.
Basically is the same. Motion Sensor is very sensitive. I set mine to zero and it still active but a bit lesser.

Back