Power cable issues

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
The power cable that came with my LS360w never really felt like it seated properly when connected from day one. A few weeks back the unit started powering off & I started having to play with a bit to get it to make a connection. I bought a small o ring to help stabilize the mini USB side. Right now I'm on battery only & that's only about 18 mins of record time. I can make it to work but not home. I have another small mini USB cable that I use to recharge the battery on my laptop. This cable fits perfect & has no issues other than being 4" long. This is super annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? I was planning on buying a second cable anyway for my second car. Any recommendations on a quality cable?

The power cable that came with my LS360w never really felt like it seated properly when connected from day one. A few weeks back the unit started powering off & I started having to play with a bit to get it to make a connection. I bought a small o ring to help stabilize the mini USB side. Right now I'm on battery only & that's only about 18 mins of record time. I can make it to work but not home. I have another small mini USB cable that I use to recharge the battery on my laptop. This cable fits perfect & has no issues other than being 4" long. This is super annoying. Anyone else experiencing this? I was planning on buying a second cable anyway for my second car. Any recommendations on a quality cable?
I managed to find a 10' USB 2.0 to mini USB cable along with a triple port 1.5A USB cigarette lighter. Cost me just under $30 but I'm back in business. I'm renting a WRX for my birthday weekend & we're taking it to Santa Cruz. Definitely need that to work right being I'm picking up the car in San Francisco. If an issue arises after I turn it in I want proof that I drove it responsible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R DOD LS300 4