More problems: Options?

Day 3 with no response from Pittasoft. Resent my email to them.

Day 4 with no response from Pittasoft.

I had the a similar issue. You need to use the custom downgrade firmware to 1.005 which deleted everything. Then go to 1.009

Day 5 with no response. I've taken to posting on their Facebook page to solicit any response from Pittasoft/ Blackvue. This is just ridiculous for the money I paid for this steaming pile...

Wow if you ping their Facebook page you get faster service/response. Guess they don't want customers to be upset and call them out publicly. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455758140.874943.jpg

5 days later and Pittasoft sent me an email referring me to the distributor in Canada where the seller of my unit purchased it. I forwarded the entire email thread to the Pittasoft distributor in Canada. mberger@automob.ca.

More waiting....

Just wanted to double check as it wasn't super clear but have you ever tried downgrading to V1.009 through the Micro SD/download link on http://www.blackvue.com/support/downloads/
We always try to avoid Firmware updates through the WiFi app with our customers

As for the QR Code/Cloud you can email cs@pittasoft.com for this code, instructions on our site here http://www.blackboxmycar.com/blogs/news/102270279-how-do-i-get-my-blackvue-cloud-code
If they don't respond to you forward me your serial # and wifi ssid, I will try to get it through our contacts at Blackvue/Pittasoft

Let us know if you still have any issues with the device, the Amazon seller you bought it from specializes in instant coffee pods, I have a feeling they might not be of much help.

- Justin @ BlackboxMyCar

When I received it the device had 1.009 on it. I upgraded it successfully to 2.001 but after a few days it was too buggy so I used the process you outlined to downgrade back to 1.009. At this point it won't upgraded to 2.001 or 2.002. The device stays on for a couple of minutes then while driving down the road it says "Parking mode enabled". I'm pretty sure it's defective or possessed. I have heard back from the distributor in Canada via email today and I sent him a copy of my invoice from Amazon (12/15/2015). Waiting to hear from him for next steps. I really want this thing to work as I love the design of it and I already spent so much money and time installing/troubleshooting it.

LB

BTW I used the videos from BlackBoxMyCar (on YouTube - BMW F10 install) to hard wire this device with the Power Magic Pro. Excellent video that helped me get it all installed successfully.

LB

BTW I used the videos from BlackBoxMyCar (on YouTube - BMW F10 install) to hard wire this device with the Power Magic Pro. Excellent video that helped me get it all installed successfully.

LB

Sounds good, hope Michael from Automob can help you out. Did you ask them about the 16GB card mix up?

Michael has been extremely responsive so far. Looks like as the distributor he sold my device to the Amazon seller that I bought it from via Amazon. I'm not concerned about the card mixup at this point since I have several cards. I'm just hoping we can get my device back up and running soon. I'll keep providing updates as we make progress.

Looks like Michael in Canada contacted my Amazon seller. The Amazon seller sent me a prepaid postage to send the defective device back for replacement. Will update once I receive a functioning replacement. Now to wait for the rain to stop so I can go uninstall the device from my car.

LB

Received my replacement device today and plan to install it tomorrow. Will provide an update after installing and firmware update. Still no QR code on my replacement device.

Hi, great news. I would advise using your original Blackvue SD card and then go from there.

Regards

John

Amazon seller Javafly sent me a completely new camera setup. It was running firmware version 1.007. I was able to successfully upgrade it to firmware version 2.002. Now to wire it in with the Power Magic Pro and figure out how to get a cloud security code since this unit didn't come with a QR code on it. I'm going to keep the 16gb BlackVue SD card in it for a few days then switch over to a fast 64gb if all is well. So far, so good.

Everything is wired up and running smoothly so far. Great to have a working camera setup!

Another big shout out to BlackBoxMyCar for another awesome install video!

Last edited:
Sounds like you just have a defective unit. My first blackvue dr550gw-2ch was defective. would turn on, all the lights would turn on (even though they were set to not be on) and nothing would happen. I just sent it back for a refund to hd camera depot or whatever it was that sold them on amazon. they wouldn't exchange it, because of amazons weird 3rd party policy, so i returned it, got a full refund, bought a new one. new one has worked without a hitch ever since, almost 2 years ago. my dr650gw-2ch which i also bought in summer or fall of 2014 also has worked great since then.

I just received a new 650 to test out from blackboxmycar for the cloud features (my 650 which i bought from amazon is too old and would need a new wifi receiver) and it also did not come with a qr tag. on the blackvue official youtube channel they had a video that said to just email cs@pittasoft.com with your serial number, I got a qr tag the next day or two.

Back