Does a mini0806 mount fit to the 0803?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20007
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20007

Hey,

I bought a used mini0803 from eBay, it comes without a mount.
Can I use a mini0806 mount on the 0803?

Has anyone tried that?

I've not heard of anyone trying it.

You can use an 0803 mount for the 0806 with no problems other than it possibly getting in the view, but I suspect you will find problems with the 0803 on the 0806 mount if you wish to use the GPS.

If you do try it, let us know the results...

Today I received my dash cam.

To my surprise it is a mini0805, not the 0803!
It has HDR Mode and 21:9 resolution :)

The camera works with the mini0806 mount without any problems!

if the 0805 is the "1296p super HD" it most certainly does not fit the 0806 base...

it hits the pins ...and stops !

GPS works!

I did a little test drive with the camera,
when looking at the video I noticed that the left side of the video is very blurry while the right side is sharp and clear. :(
Is the camera defective? Has anyone had this problem?

problemcameraeucoflakzd.jpg

You see the difference when comparing the left and right tree.

How long does it take the GPS to connect to the satellites on first use in the morning?

That is quite a good image for an 0805, on the right anyway, you may be able to refocus the lens to get both sides in good focus, but check that it is not caused by a fingerprint on the lens or a dirty windscreen first.

For the frist time it took quiet long to get a GPS signal (20min).
I was worried that it may not work, but probably it just needed to recalibrate.

Since then it's really fast. :)
After about 500 meters the dash cam is connected.

I just cleaned the front window including the inside. It was quite a bit dirty and I spotted fingerprints on the inside, probably because I used my TomTom yesterday.

I will do a second test drive and tell you if this helped.

For the frist time it took quiet long to get a GPS signal (20min).
I hope it stays quick, but 20 min to connect was the problem I was worried about in my original answer, you may find it does this every morning...

Just in case anyone wants to know. A mini 0801 will run and charge using a 0803/0805 GPS mount but the GPS won't work.

I must have a early 0801 as it will charge on the 0805 GPS base but not lock onto satellites, even after an hour with a clear view of the sky.

Will the 0806 fit in a 0805 GPS base? Will the GPS work? Anyone know?

the 0806 will fit an 0805 base but cannot push in and clip in stable as it should (4mm stuck out when pushed in as far as it will go ) the gps function indicator lights up but I have not got a lock .. but I am indoors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
krawler Mini 0803 18
Back