Shadow Tec RX270 GPS, F1.6, 140 Degree Lens

I agree, not huge. I tried to judge as best as I could without them being side by side. Namely, distant cars clarity. I could be wrong, but to me the 680W looked cleaner. The other thing I didnt like about it is I read it has a bad mount (although you told me the 680W does, too)

I couldnt find this info: Do they move side to side and up and down? I can clearly see the 680W goes up and down. Thats about it.

depends which mount they come with, the samples I have of these models both have adjustment left right as well as up down, may vary by supplier as to what they have

Great info. This one doesnt appear to ahve left/right by the pictures

Not that important though, I suppose. I guess I just wonder how its image quality is. I mean, its got the same proc and cmos as the 680W... but so does the G1W

Great info. This one doesnt appear to ahve left/right by the pictures

Not that important though, I suppose. I guess I just wonder how its image quality is. I mean, its got the same proc and cmos as the 680W... but so does the G1W

it's a ball mount, it pivots

Great! So with all that out of the way, you think this will have the same image quality as 680W despite lower price? I emailed Shadow Tec, not sure if they will answer.

I think all their models are much the same performance wise, same hardware, same developers, not much differs

Here was their reply to my question regarding GT680W vs RX270

Hello
thanks for your coming email about our shadow car DVR.

about our GT680W and RX270 it is the same chipset, only the appearance not same. also the RX270 will less almost USD5-10/unit than GT680W.

all the best
nancylee

Got this upon further inquiry:

Hello the lens and video quality not same, in generally the RX270 not good as the GT680W. so it will cheaper.
hope my answer can help you.

all the best
Nancylee

Guess I wont be buying it!

Some sellers on eBay write info that this dash cam has 1 GB internal memory. Is it true?
It' really important for me because I want to able to copy record of come road incident. SD card for police and copy in internal memory for me.

I'm so sorry... Do you know any dash cam with this function?

I think 1CB is too much for RAM. 32 MB enough

Last edited:
Most of the cameras use 1 to 2 gb of RAM, most have 32mb of ROM, there are some cameras with a memory copy function, some Ambarella based models offer this function, the 0801 had it in some models, there are others also

Last edited:
Hi I want to change the battery in the camera Rx270. Pictures of them. I wonder where can I buy batteries? Thank you.

uXEEaOP.jpg
5qm7YYo.jpg

This link good ? :

There's a review of this one here:

http://www.thaidvrs.com/article/full-review-กล้องติดรถ-shadow-recorder-rx270

It doesn't get slated and basically seems to do ok at a lower price than the GT680W.

I have read in a few places that Seezeus don't have a relationship with Tiotech any more and this could be complicating firmwares etc even more going forward - I have also seen reference to a GT880S but can't really find anything else about it.
Hello help me find battery please :)

Noticed this new Shadow camera on FoxOffer - looks like a smaller GT680W.

RX270%20CAR%20DVR_1.JPG

More details here:

It's selling for $69 (GPS is extra) so in the same ballpark as the A118 - it's not got the great form factor of the A118 but if it's like the GT680W would have better night performance and similar day performance.

I notice it's also a new bracket mount - guessing the camera is too thin to use the smaller LS300 style bracket the GT680W had.
yes, this models may replace GT680W, with similiar apperance, GPS optional, lower price.

Back