Is Gearbest.com reputed seller?

Firmware upgraded to Seezeus GT300 SC-2.
G1WH came with 2014.509 firmware.
I noticed menu has WDR option in video and HDR in photo mode.
I thought G1WH didn't have HDR technology.

Then I upgraded to DOD Shadow firmware that is old from 2013 and now it has WDR in both video and photo modes.
What's happening???
It replaced HDR with WDR in photo mode.
Is that just labeling or it removed HDR processing completely?

Video bit rate and size changed:
Filesize for 3 minute clips: G1WH @ 282mb to now @ 346mb.
Total Bit rate: G1WH @ 12389kbps to now @ 15257kbps.
Data rate: G1WH @ 11877kbps to now @ 14745kbps.
Audio bit rate: G1WH @ 512kbps to now @ 512kbps. No change.
Audio Sample rate: G1WH @ 32kHz to now @ 32kHz. No change.

However, I still see fuzzy area in lower right side.
Checked lens and it looks clean. May be due to the Sun on that side?
Left side looks okay.

20140725-G1WH-Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:
The fuzzy area is probably because the lens isn't sat exactly flush - to get cameras this cheap they cut corners on things like assembly costs etc.

The "fuzzy area in lower right side" sounds like the well known G1 family "Lens Blur on One Side" issue as described in the DCT camera comparison page section on that camera. Reverend has it correct. The lens is not aligned perfectly parallel to the image sensor. On some camera lenses (like the Mobius) there are two screws that can be loosened which allow a shim to be placed strategically for realignment. The G1 lenses are a single glued unit with no practical way to make the adjustment. It is likely something one just has to live with. It's one of those, "You get what you pay for" things. In this case, I think you still get good value for your money, all things considered.

The "fuzzy area in lower right side" sounds like the well known G1 family "Lens Blur on One Side" issue as described in the DCT camera comparison page section on that camera. Reverend has it correct. The lens is not aligned perfectly parallel to the image sensor. On some camera lenses (like the Mobius) there are two screws that can be loosened which allow a shim to be placed strategically for realignment. The G1 lenses are a single glued unit with no practical way to make the adjustment. It is likely something one just has to live with. It's one of those, "You get what you pay for" things. In this case, I think you still get good value for your money, all things considered.

Hmm... if that's the case, can I just rotate the lens as I don't care if the fuzzy area is on the dashboard/hood area?

Hmm... if that's the case, can I just rotate the lens as I don't care if the fuzzy area is on the dashboard/hood area?

No, you can't just "rotate the lens". You wouldn't be able to "rotate the lens" so the problem is on the bottom where your hood is because the lens is fixed in place. It "may" be that you could refocus the lens but you would then end up with the blur on the opposite side of the image since the lens will still not be aligned with the sensor.

Last edited:
No, you can't just "rotate the lens". You wouldn't be able to "rotate the lens" so the problem is on the bottom where your hood because the lens is fixed in place. It "may" be that you could refocus the lens but you would then end up with the blur on the opposite side of the image since the lens will still not be aligned with the sensor.

I see.
I guess I just have to angle it little bit towards the right then. :)

You know, it's not that bad really. You can still makes out the plate number of the blurry car in your photo. I would just live with and maybe move the cam to the rear and use your G90 in the front.

You know, it's not that bad really. You can still makes out the plate number of the blurry car in your photo. I would just live with and maybe move the cam to the rear and use your G90 in the front.

Yes, it's pretty decent for the price. Also, the screenshot quality depends upon what player is used.
I need to find a way to grab frames without a player. Hmm...
I'll try little bit different angle or placement and see what works better.

G90 is completely in a different league though.

Here is a video clip after upgrade to Seezeus GT300 firmware.

Also, a bad driver at 1:35 in the clip.
He was drifting into my lane until I honked.
I passed him and saw him in the rear view mirror doing the same thing over and over, driving in two lanes.
He even stopped traffic from making right turn at a traffic light as he was blocking both lanes.
May be on Ganja. :eek:

Here is the video of same road with initial firmware (2014.509) for reference:

I cannot tell if the video is better or not, can you?

Based on reports here and elsewhere it seems GB is going downhill quickly. Many now recommend only E-packet and express shipping with them because those always seem to get to the buyer while the free shipping sometimes doesn't. They also do better when shipping from in-country warehouses than direct from China. Also be aware that if you file more than a few Paypal claims with them they will begin refusing your orders. All stores have a similar policy to avoid being scammed, but GB seems to be quicker at doing this than the rest.

I still buy stuff there- so far so good- but I don't expect perfect service at their heavily discounted prices, and if I can buy elsewhere at nearly the same price I've begun doing that as being a better bet IMHO. Don't just research the product, research the seller and their CS too because all of this is involved and important ;)

Phil

Hello I'm new here and I want to share my good experience with GearBest.com

My name is Ali Jamal, I'm from Jordan and I'm a big fan of Xiaomi phones (Chinese Brand), I've checked out many online stores to buy "Xiaomi Redmi Note 3" Smartphone and just came into Gearbest.com website by chance.

Definitely, GearBest(GB) offered the Lowest price among all other stores and that was the first thing that took my attention to be honest, after that I read FAQ and Terms on GB website, It was clearly detailed with many professional features that made my purchase safe and protected, such as:

1. Presale Price Protection Program
2. Full Refund or resend package in case of missing or faulty product.
3. Many shipping options with tracking number and insurance.
4. Technical Support

I made my first purchase, received my order number, tracking number and even an image for my package and I was really pleased with their accuracy and honesty in dispatching my package to the shipping company in the 3rd day as stated in the product page in their website.

After 8 days, shipping company in my country called me stating that my package were lost, it was very frustrating for me but I've contacted GearBest support immediately and thanks GOD they replied my ticket at the same day and told me that they have to check my package status with the shipping carrier.

After some days, GearBest support contacted me apologizing for the delay and not receiving my order, they said that my package were lost during shipping and they take the full responsibility for that, they also offered me 2 options: either a FULL REFUND or Resend my Package for FREE and I chose the first one..

Now, I can clearly confirm GearBest is Professional, Reliable and Safe Online Shopping Store, where you can find many products with:

* The lowest prices.
* Professional Technical Support
* Insurance and Full Refund
* Multiple Safe payment methods (Paypal for example)

I have read some bad reviews on GearBest on the internet and after digging deeper into them I can clearly say that most of them because they didn't read what was written on the product page, So:

** For anyone who is hesitating to buy from Gearbest:
Do NOT, Go Ahead and be sure you will always get what ever you order from GearBest.

You don't get what you don't pay for. Buying "cheapest" means your probably not going to see good customer service when things go wrong. You might even get a fake product. The risks are well known and well documented.

It's your decision whether to chance how it will go for you, but when it goes bad don't whine about it- you had better choices available even if they cost more. Spending a bit more doing business with a more reputable business is always worth the extra cost.

Phil

Back