Questions on SGZC12SG SG9665GC

ChibiSqueeze

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, I'm deciding between the SGZC12SG or the SG9665GC. But have a few questions.

1. What's the difference between the first version of SGZC12SG and the 2016 V2 version? Is there a difference in video quality?

2. Can I add custom text to the SGZC12SG? I'd like to add my license plate or car model on the video.

3. Watch this comparison video:
The SG9665GC seems to have better/accurate coloring where the GZC12SG seems more yellowed out. Is this something that can be fixed in the settings? Or is this fixed in v2?

4. As for the SG9665GC, where is the GPS unit usually installed? I'm assuming next to the actual recorder, but then they'll be long wires hanging?

Thanks!

SGZC12SG vs SGZC12SG V2 = same video quality

SG V2 has the ability to record reverse backup camera, all black housing, new lens hat with threads for included screw on CPL. (new 2016 firmware has multiple bit-rate choices, and clean no-OSD option)

You can't add custom text on the SG (not supported in the Zoran SDK) GC you can add custom text (supported in Novatek SDK)

GC edges out SG in video quality due to the lens being less wide.

GC GPS can be installed on the dashboard GPS emblem facing up towards the sky, or upside down on the glass in the upper right corner if you move the adhesive pad to the other side so GPS emblem is facing towards the sky.
You can also optionally fip the GPS PCB for a neater clean install.

Will the GC ever have multiple bit rate choices? Would be handy for the trucks at work as recording duration is more important to me than a negligible drop in quality.

Thanks for quick reply.

I'm not too concerned about the quality, but the color. Is the yellowing something that I can fix by changing the exposure or any color option?

That's an old video, the night performance IQ has been changed a bit since then. (I don't have a new video handy) The light colors demands if the street light source are LED, etc. Detail is more important than color at night time and WDR can only do so much etc. There are no color adjustments on the SG. You can tweak post processing.

Back