Blackvue DR650GW-2ch Wifi problem

spectre

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Blackvue dr650gw-2ch Wifi problem

What can be the problem when I am not able to connect the camera to a wireless WiFi network?
I tried the Android phone, Iphone phone, iPad, and PC with 2 different adapter.
The camera must be "kidding" display the SSID. It does not appear at all times. (turn WiFi on and off, the power on and off)
When I get the SSID visible, still can not log in to the network.
I changed with PC and SD-card the SSID and password, but that did not seem to help.
I updated the software to version 2.
I think that this is some kind of WiFi compatibility problem. Pc-software does not give a look at the different settings Blackvue use.

Can anyone help?

Blackvue dr650gw-2ch Wifi problem

What can be the problem when I am not able to connect the camera to a wireless WiFi network?
I tried the Android phone, Iphone phone, iPad, and PC with 2 different adapter.
The camera must be "kidding" display the SSID. It does not appear at all times. (turn WiFi on and off, the power on and off)
When I get the SSID visible, still can not log in to the network.
I changed with PC and SD-card the SSID and password, but that did not seem to help.
I updated the software to version 2.
I think that this is some kind of WiFi compatibility problem. Pc-software does not give a look at the different settings Blackvue use.

Can anyone help?
I just got mine today and have tried over and over but the iPhone app just says can't find device but my friend found it straight away on his Samsung phone. Anybody know why this is a problem with iPhone and I tried iPad too also not decked or seen in Bluetooth screen on settings in phone

it has no Bluetooth

thanks mate, felt like a bit of a goose when the guy at the place of purchase told me the same thing

i cannot scan the wifi also.
please someone help.

I got the same problem with DR750. Talked with distributor and was told that firmware 1.08 has a bug causing the problem. Pitasoft is to release 1.10 version to fix the problem. He did not know exact timing of the release. He was able to connect with 1.07 version.

There is no android 5.0 support. I synced the 605 with my old galaxy nexus running 4.4.4.

Received my DR600GW-HD today, installed the software on laptop and phone. Scanned Wi-Fi several times dor the DR600 but could not be found. Removed the SD-card and put it in the laptop to check configuration. Noticed something strange, SSID was empty... Wi-Fi without SSID don't show up on my phone. Gave it an SSID and after rebooting my DR600 everything work like a charm!

I had the same problem with wifi and the problem was not on blackvue but in my car.
Very close on the position that i install blackvue was my movement radar from my car
and propeply this comfuse the wifi signal.

I have just installed a 650-2ch. I have found that my iPhone will not "remember" the 650 WiFi connection. Each time I want to connect I have to go into my WiFi settings on the ph & choose the 650.....
Then, often the 650 WiFi does not show up on the ph. When it does, it will only connect about 60% of the time. Very frustrating.

I'm not sure if it stays on. I haven't found any info on it...
I have noticed that sometimes the blue WiFi icon is on for quite a while, say 10 minutes. Other times I push the WiFi button, it comes on, & then it turns itself off again before I've even finished the connection procedure....

My wifi comes on at first then turns itself off after 10 mins - I understand this is how it is supposed to work

oddly my android app doesn't work on the 650 while the iphone app works. Android version is 1.89

My wifi comes on at first then turns itself off after 10 mins - I understand this is how it is supposed to work
The manual states if you don't use the wifi for 10 minutes, it turns off automatically.

Back