Suggestion for dash cam, any help appreciated

programmergeek

Reaction score
I have a customer who needs a dash cam she is being followed and wants evidence. I originally had an i-passed dash cam for her and that worked okay. She lost the bracket and plug so it’s now time to replace it. My budget is about $200, but if there’s something good out there for $60. That’s also great. It has to have a large memory; I may not be able to retrieve the footage for a day or two. I could also give a multiple memory cards. If it shoots front and back, that is also desirable adding two cameras is not out of the question. Ease-of-use, idiot proof, a little light to know it’s on is also a desirable features.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I’m getting a little confused reading through threads.

We got this camera: HD Dual lens car dash camera X8000, it has Dual 180 degree rotating lens.

Some features are:

2.0 inch LCD screen
Built-in 140 degree high resolution dual wide angle lens
Dual 180 degree rotating lens

You can check here for detailed information: http://tsingtec.com/hd-dual-lens-car-da ... h-gps.html

ibyGEEdgPFQFP7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your friend/client still having issues? I am located in Monmouth County and may be able to assist. I am also currently using the Lukas 7900 Ace (see my video posts by clicking my username) but I am also extremely familiar with outdoor hidden cameras with night vision and other solutions she may need. And no, I am not looking for a fee or compensation. Shoot me a PM and let's chat.

The DVR-027 is great for a rearview cam, as it records in 720p (real HD) and has IR lights. For a front view, you can get anyone you want, but Blackvue has the DR500GW, which has a large field of view but icky reliability. They're also coming out with a 2ch, to record both front and back, so you might want to have a look at that. But if you're on a budget, get a SJ1000 (that has a wide angle lens) or a Mobius Action Cam and put a fisheye lens on it.

With this budget ( 200usd ) for best video quality I can see solution of getting 2 x GT300W ( GT550W ), one front, one rear. New firmware allows to use 64Gb microsd card. Or front GT300W ( GT550W ), rear Mobius ( if need at rear more descrete install ).
Or if only 1ch, then front would be Panorama2 from Powerucc ( 183usd ), rear Mobius ( 70 usd ), - this will be over your budget, but also might be considered to have the best result within 200-250 usd budget of "2ch" dash cams.

niko said:
With this budget ( 200usd ) for best video quality I can see solution of getting 2 x GT300W ( GT550W ), one front, one rear. New firmware allows to use 64Gb microsd card. Or front GT300W ( GT550W ), rear Mobius ( if need at rear more descrete install ).
Or if only 1ch, then front would be Panorama2 from Powerucc ( 183usd ), rear Mobius ( 70 usd ), - this will be over your budget, but also might be considered to have the best result within 200-250 usd budget of "2ch" dash cams.

Dual Gt´s sounds a good plan , will give very sharp picture plus they can sweet angle. i don´t saw nobody sharing gt300w at backyard i curious to see videos of

Back