Question Window Tint

Bertdog26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to the dash cam world and was considering to purchase the blackvue 750 , however wondering if dark window tint affects recording? Hate to buy if it's not worth it due to my window tint...thanks for your help!

I had the same question, and there should be very little difference during the day. I had good brightness on my rear cam during a day drive. I have 30% tint on my rear window. I installed my cam last night and didnt go for drive so I dont have any night video to check yet. I am running a blacksys CH-100B on default settings.

I had the same question, and there should be very little difference during the day. I had good brightness on my rear cam during a day drive. I have 30% tint on my rear window. I installed my cam last night and didnt go for drive so I dont have any night video to check yet. I am running a blacksys CH-100B on default settings.

I wouldn't expect great night results from the rear cam on that model through tint

Here is some video from my dashcam after getting it installed. Rear cam during the day is fine with the tinted window. unless im in a well lit area, the rear cam is useless at night.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR750LW-2CH 13
Back