SJ4000 wifi freezing while recording

HoggFace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im having a few problems with my SJ4000 wifi. it is genuine and the code on the box matched on their site.
So my problems are as follows. when recording the screen will freeze, the timer is still going but if you move the camera the image stays the same. so now when i press the top button to stop recording then the whole camera freezes and the only way to turn if off is to remove the battery.
the memory card im using is a sandisk ultra 32GB. has anyone else had this problem?
2nd problem is if i record at 1080p the HD & USB ports on the side get really hot.

hope someone can help a little. Thanks in advance.

try to update the firmware

tried everything i can think of. ive tested fw versions 1.0, 1.1. new 1.2. all same issue. ive tried recording on 720p, 1080p, multiple SD cards. no joy. it always seems to be around the 4min mark or just before.

The ports do tend to get quite hot, even to the point of discomfort when you touch them, if you've been recording for a while.

As to your other problem, if you verified the camera is genuine, tried firmware upgrades and various memory cards, then I hate to say it but the camera might simply be defective. This wouldn't surprise me because I returned two defective SJ4000 WiFi's (though for reasons different than yours). You can also contact
SJCam support but my experience is that you're about as likely to receive the wrong answer as the right answer.

Sorry to be so pessimistic. I hope your camera is still in warranty or better still within the seller's grace period for a full refund. Personally I don't recommend any SJCam products. I just started writing reviews for the
Pevly website. The editor, Pavle, has tested a number of cameras and offers comprehensive reviews. That's one good source of information. Another is your fellow Briton Techmoan. He offers many useful review videos on YouTube. There are lots of other review videos and websites (of varying worth) available too.

I hope everything works out for the best. Cheers :)

thanks for the reply. I tried to contact SJcam support but didnt get any reply. Also tried Banggood where i purchased it from but they were as much use as a chocolate teapot! in the end i just took the thing apart for fun and binned it and bought a GoPro. In the end you just get what you pay for.

Quite true, you get what you pay for. The problems with your SJCam and the lack of response from their support do not surprise me in the least. You made a smart move choosing the GoPro.

Cheers :)

Back