Anker PowerHouse, anyone else using?

DashyMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lurker for a while, first time posting.

Up until today for my cam (FineVu CR-2000G) I've been using a CellLink B, which is a little limited at 76.8 Wh, 6,000 mAh.

Today I got my Anker PowerHouse which is 400 Wh, 120,000 mAh.
Aside from the increase in power, its rated at 14 F (-10 C) to 104 F(40 C), which living in California it can get a little hot.

The CellLink goes up to 149 F (60 C). The PowerHouse is supposed to automatically shutdown before it overheats (as its meant for outdoor use), but haven't tested that yet.

Honestly hoping not to have to as my parking is covered, and I leave the windows open a little when needed to keep it cooler.

For testing I have the CellLink B plugged into it, so that when it dies I can just bring it in and charge it without losing power.

I'm currently looking to test it by seeing how long it lasts, then re-charge the PowerHouse and plug the cam direct, seeing if it changes how long its lasts.

My hope is get a long cable and leave it in my trunk, though right now its sitting in my passenger seat while I'm testing so I can see what its doing.

Has anyone else looked into the PowerHouse, experiences so far with it?

I think not too many people will spend 500 dollars on a power bank to run a dash cam that costs a fraction of the price.

Interesting device though, hope you'll report your experience with it.

Last edited:
I think not too many people will spend 500 dollars on a power bank to run a dash cam that costs a fraction of the price.

Interesting device though, hope you'll report your experience with it.

Its actually about $100 off for the next few weeks, the discount code is in a review on Amazon and Anker tweeted it, sorry I forgot it.

A bit of background - My car doesn't move for 1-2 weeks on average.
The "parking mode" acts a nice security camera as well.

The CellLink B (CLB) lasts maybe a day on a full charge?

Though, initial results of testing -

Day 1 - Fully charged PowerHouse (PH), plugged the cam into the existing CLB (that had no charge), then plugged that into the PH.

The PH displays says "30 h" when fully charged, basically the max it was say is 30 hours.
After driving for about 1 minute it dropped to "28 h".
Within 15 minutes it was at "21 h".
Thought maybe something was wrong?

Every few hours I would check, it kept dropping.
Next day, 25-26 hours later PH it was dead, CLB was still alive though.

I took it inside to charge and left the CLB to keep the cam running.

So this morning I took the CLB out (which was now dead again, 11-12 hours later) and plugged the cam directly into the PH.
Drove for 30 minutes, it never dropped below "30 h".

Now its 6 hours later and cam is still running and PH still says "30 h".

I am also surprised how quickly the CLB drained it.
I would have figured once it was fully charged it would have backed off on the power draw?

I'll write again once I see how long it takes before PH is dead.

Back