Problem setting date/time

TomW

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got this unit and seem to have it working & mostly configured even though I have one heck of a time getting into the configuration mode on my Android phone.

The configuration access problem aside, the date/time stamp on the videos continues to show GMT time instead of my local time. I have the time set to my local time zone and have even used the time sync selection but it continues to record the GMT time.

What do I need to do to get the recordings to show my local time? Or is it best to just not be concerned since I'm likely to be in multiple time zones over time?

28bu3ir.jpg

My date problem apparently fixed itself.

As shown in my upper left pic I was setting up the camera while in the house. I quit for the night and unplugged the camera from the power supply. The next day I took it out to the car to get an idea of where I wanted to position it and noticed that the date/time stamp was now correct.

My guess is that the reboot that occurs after configuring or doing the time sync is a "soft" boot while the power off then on results in a "hard" boot. The hard boot apparently does a little more initialization that allowed the GPS time stamp to be used and adjusted to my time zone.

As in many computer based items, that power off/on hard boot can fix lots of issues.

Back