Junsun rearview mirror cam w night vision

expensive gamble if it doesn't measure up, some of the features mentioned are not supported by the chipset they say it uses, maybe they've done something different or there's more to the device than appears, hard to say

Actually saw one in the Dashcam market on the weekend

d24488b9a9121354af75f6d027ec3c01.jpg

49a398ddf489b3518ab4e171c7ada066.jpg

Nice! Any comment on build quality / lens quality? Agree w you it's an expensive gamble that I'm not willing to pursue right now, but wondering if this will be one of this first "higher" quality integrated rear view mirror cams...

...also, I particularly love the claim that this is a "Chinese troop transport used product" :)

Nice! Any comment on build quality / lens quality?

build quality looked ok, has a bit of weight to it, that could be good or bad though, I didn't see it running to be able to get any idea of functionality so I'd say it would still be very much a gamble, I'd never seen this one before and just happened to stumble across it when I was in the dashcam market on the weekend so decided to take a closer look only because of this thread, not the type of thing that would catch my eye normally

wondering if this will be one of this first "higher" quality integrated rear view mirror cams...

I'd say it might be higher featured but that may or may not have any relationship with being higher quality, I've tested a lot of mirror cams as they are hugely popular in China and have yet to see a standout product that ticked all the boxes, some have been quite expensive also

So interesting, Jokiin thanks for keeping us updated and for the post! In a perfect world I think I'd love a hardwired rear view mirror cam with the quality and features of street guardian dashcams and the quality of a Gentex or OEM mirror, that can also integrate a rear channel cam as well as a reversing cam.

I don't think I will ever really have a need for looking at a screen on the rear view mirror, except in the situation of reversing, when it may come in handy once I get old and arthritic and can't turn my head around and look behind my back... or days like today where I slept funny and my neck hurts to turn it... or if I ever buy a car w very limited view out of the rear windshield...

I already mount my smartphpne on the dash, which integrates via Bluetooth w the stereo, which takes care of Google maps, wifi, Internet etc, so I think all the other super feature-heavy "android-based" mirror cams are a bit of a redundancy and will always be outdated / less useful/more buggy/harder to use than the latest smartphone.

Sunny, thanks for that link with the BMW night vision! I'm not sure I love the idea of driving and looking at a screen constantly, but I think I'd have to try it first before saying its not useful.

On the product listed above in the OP, I think the infrared lens may be helpful for night videos being recorded, but probably not for use while actually driving- would be weird to keep looking up at the mirror while driving forward but who knows...

If this were substantially less expensive I'd probably pull the trigger and test it out, but not at the amazon price!

-A

Just out of curiosity, Jokiin, how much was it being sold for in the dashcam market?

I didn't ask the price, the staff were busy at the time so I just pulled it out of the front window so I could have a closer look and photograph it

at first the mirror seems like a good location for a camera but there are negatives to this location as well, I'm not sure the proposed performance of this product would actually measure up though, hardware spec they list suggests not

Found more info on a different website listing, including video and a few reviews...

oops this is the correct link -- there are apparently more photos and actual shots and actual video from the cam in the product description... I can't get it to load properly, but here is the right link at least.

Those night cameras in high ned cars are thermal cameras, okay thats also IR, but on another level.

Back