Rexing HD18 Only loops once?

Rizzo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new HD18 which supports 32G cards. I am using a Transcend class 10 card see below...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00CES44EO
I hardwired it to my work and wanted to record all day, sadly it loops once, then overwrites and when it reaches full the second time it stops. This leaves me without footage for the last part of my day.

Steps I have taken,

Factory Reset the device once.
Fat32 formatted the card
Used the device to format card twice

I still cant get an entire day.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It's been low since I installed it.

That ain't it.

There isn't an end user setting for Loop.

Resolution is set to the lowest of the two, The higher of course got me less time.

And since it won't loop, I format the card every day when I get home......

Also a factory reset done twice has not solved it either.

No, only clip length.

shortest time, 2 mins.

It shouldn't matter thought right, It records til card full, does it again and then stops.

This is not infinite.

shortest time, 2 mins.

It shouldn't matter thought right, It records til card full, does it again and then stops.

This is not infinite.

can you explain that, are you saying it fills up and deletes one two minute file only and then it stops? so you have a full card and the files start at .002 each time?

The camera will record at 2,3 or 5 minute increments.

When it reaches the full status of the card it rewrites over the card as it should. Once it's at the end of the second cycle on the card it will stop saving files.

Does that make sense ?

The camera will record at 2,3 or 5 minute increments.

When it reaches the full status of the card it rewrites over the card as it should. Once it's at the end of the second cycle on the card it will stop saving files.

Does that make sense ?

so it records for around 8 hours or so on your 32gb card and then stops recording?

what's the file size of each segment, you mention dropping it to a lower size for longer recording time

What is the end game of these questions ?

I do appreciate the help, but I don't see where this is going ?

The camera is supposed to record in an infinite loop. It does not do this. How will the video clip length make any difference?

there's no end game, I was asking file settings to know how long it would record for on your 32gb card, I think your camera is failing at some point but it's not related to how many times it has overwritten the files, it's first in first out so once the card is full it's overwriting a file every few minutes, your original comment about it failing when it fills the card the second time doesn't really fit with how these things work

it could be overheating or some other file handling error, easier to test this type of thing on the bench where you can monitor it closely to establish the exact pattern, working out the pattern is generally key to getting the problem fixed, not that that's something you as an end user should really be having to do though

Right on

Side note, they bribed me to remove my 1 star review with a refund and keeping the camera too lol

Do you guys have a 2 channel that's not over $200?

Right on

Side note, they bribed me to remove my 1 star review with a refund and keeping the camera too lol

Do you guys have a 2 channel that's not over $200?

I don't think there's any $200 two channel product that works at this point in time

Back