Where do you mount your cam in California

oh_gee

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the text from here
http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...division=12.&title=&part=&chapter=4.&article=

"(13) (A) A video event recorder with the capability of monitoring driver performance to improve driver safety, which may be mounted in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest to the driver and outside of an airbag deployment zone, or in a five-inch square mounted to the center uppermost portion of the interior of the windshield. As used in this section, “video event recorder” means a video recorder that continuously records in a digital loop, recording audio, video, and G-force levels, but saves video only when triggered by an unusual motion or crash or when operated by the driver to monitor driver performance."

Does every californian really mount their cameras in the corner? From what i've seen so far, most people mount them right below the rear view mirror. If a cop sees this, they would well within the law to issue a ticket for that right? Would video evidence be admissible if it is mounted in the wrong spot?

I am thinking of getting a dash cam and wanted to clarify this

That legislation was written based on a different device, don't see people buying these to monitor and improve driver performance

They were set up to accommodate the commercial cam systems, like drivecam.
(which happens to be based in CA)
Even under this law, you have the a 5 inch square at the top most center of the windshield you can mount a cam in, which is where you want it anyway.
:)

"(13) (A) A video event recorder with the capability of monitoring driver performance to improve driver safety, which may be mounted ... in a five-inch square mounted to the center uppermost portion of the interior of the windshield.

That's where you want to put it. That's where i put it. When i sit in my car i can't see the dashcam anyway because it's behind the rearview mirror.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Legal Questions 19
Back