Battery replacement mivue 388

gd77

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I need to replace this battery from my mivue 388. I was wondering what the white wire is for? I looked at batteries on ebay and they have just the black and red wires.
388_zpsnu39e1hz.jpg

Generally it's an internal temperature sensor.

I need to replace this battery from my mivue 388. I was wondering what the white wire is for? I looked at batteries on ebay and they have just the black and red wires.

I ordered a model:582535 from ebay and it arrived 2 days ago, when I opened the package it was a 2 wire battery. I did some research and found out that the white wire was for termostat/temperature as Mandami has mentioned. I fear that if I hook up the 2 wire battery without a sensor it would maybe blowup or overcharge. To solve the problem I transplanted the small circuit board of the my old battery to the new one. I just did it a while ago and it worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Hello,

How did you open your Mio? There's no screws visible. If you have any pictures available I would appreciate your support. Thanks!

Hello,

How did you open your Mio? There's no screws visible. If you have any pictures available I would appreciate your support. Thanks!
I prised it open with a flathead screwdriver. No pics, sorry. I threw it in the rubbish and bought a new cam.

Hello,

Pry open on the sides the clear plastic LCD cover from the bezel, use a thin plastic like a credit card or something similar. After you the remove the clear plastic the bezel would look something like in the attached picture.
IMG_2844.jpg
Note: in the picture the bezel was already removed from the main body, this was done after the removal of the clear plastic and the screws.

Panicdog, how has your cam been since you hacked the batters to have a 3rd wire? Working well?

Panicdog, how has your cam been since you hacked the batters to have a 3rd wire? Working well?
It worked perfectly just like the original one, the only problem with it is that the battery is of cheap quality just like the OEM battery and is starting to fail now with less than a year of use. When newly installed it can power the unit for 10 mins but now, it can't even reach 3 mins. I tried searching ebay again but can't seem to find a good quality battery.

Im trying to find one of these for my 388 as well. Mine has the 3 wire as well. AliExpress sell them online but won't ship to Australia.

Back