Transcend DrivePro 200 Wi-Fi FullHD Dash Camera ( Drive Pro )

Hi all! So I've been using this Transcend camera for a couple of months now...my 1st, and so far only, dashcam. I like a lot about it but I don't like the wavy video I get due to vibration. I never used the supplied mount because I didn't want a 3m sticky mount on my windshield as I would be moving the cam from my personal vehicle to my work vehicle every day. So I bought the Transcend brand suction mount but I still get vibrations thus wavy video.

Another thing is I think the 160 degree viewing angle might be a bit too fisheyed (word?) for me. It's great for the extreme left and right video capture but makes things in front of the vehicle look too far away.

So here are my questions..

1) I want to keep this camera but find a solution to the vibrations that cause the wavy video. Would just a different mount solve this? Which one?

2) I'm going to buy a 2nd camera that will be my main unit and the Transcend will end up being for my other vehicle. My ideal 2nd camera will be a bit less than 160 degree viewing angle...maybe 140? Also I would like to have GPS, no vibration of course, I do like the WiFi of the Transcend but not a must, willing to pay for great build quality.

Just got this dash cam after trawling amazon for their selection. Chosen this since it's their best seller and video quality looked fine on youtube etc.

Mounted just behind the mirror, and blacked out any chrome/logos with some electrical tape.

Wondering who leaves theirs in place overnight? or do you remove it. Currently I just remove it when its the end of the journey.

Just got this dash cam after trawling amazon for their selection. Chosen this since it's their best seller and video quality looked fine on youtube etc.

Mounted just behind the mirror, and blacked out any chrome/logos with some electrical tape.

Wondering who leaves theirs in place overnight? or do you remove it. Currently I just remove it when its the end of the journey.

I leave mine in place and like you have blacked out all names and chrome details so it hardly shows.

Just an update, I started just leaving it in the car now.

With these cameras becoming cheaper by the day, I'm really tempted for the DP200 to be my first dash cam. I was wondering how people have found them in terms of reliability and picture quality?

Also if anyone uses a power cable other than the original one that is supplied? Any RF interference? I suspect the supplied one will not be long enough.

With these cameras becoming cheaper by the day, I'm really tempted for the DP200 to be my first dash cam. I was wondering how people have found them in terms of reliability and picture quality?

Also if anyone uses a power cable other than the original one that is supplied? Any RF interference? I suspect the supplied one will not be long enough.

I bought the DP200 and was able to use another power cable (not supplied with it) without any troubles. The camera itself is very good quality, a little larger than many others (not much), looks good but has chrome lens and silver writing on front (you can blank these out with black pen or black tape if you desire), records in very good quality. The only "against" qualities I have found (that may not apply to you) are 1, It's Wifi transfer is very slow & 2, Because it records onto the memory card in three separate files (Normal, Secured & other) it will not work directly with an ipad whilst using the sd to lightning ipad adaptor. This means I am unable to just take out the memory card and play the footage straight through my ipad. Works fine on my home Mac. Gives lovely and high quality results.

I just got mine from Amazon and wanted to give it a try connected to the standard USB charger. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to accept it... :( Do I have to be inside the car to be able to operate it? Can't I use any powerbank / charger to test it?
I've seen a couple of YouTube reviews and virtually all the testers were playing with DP200 sitting behind their desks - so they were able to get it working without a car somehow... Or maybe just the first start need to happen in the car?

I just got mine from Amazon and wanted to give it a try connected to the standard USB charger. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to accept it... :( Do I have to be inside the car to be able to operate it? Can't I use any powerbank / charger to test it?
I've seen a couple of YouTube reviews and virtually all the testers were playing with DP200 sitting behind their desks - so they were able to get it working without a car somehow... Or maybe just the first start need to happen in the car?

What Amp is your "standard USB charger" ?
Some dashcams need min. 1 Amp to work. Many "standard chargers" are only 500 +/- mAh.

What Amp is your "standard USB charger" ?
Some dashcams need min. 1 Amp to work. Many "standard chargers" are only 500 +/- mAh.
I tried a couple of them - all equal or above 1A - the biggest had 2.1A... No result :( Hopefully I haven't been sent a faulty device.

I tried a couple of them - all equal or above 1A - the biggest had 2.1A... No result :( Hopefully I haven't been sent a faulty device.

Try if in your car via supplied cigarette lighter charger it works fine.

OK, a big update - I went eventually to my car and the situation was exactly the same... I was ready to believe I got a bad device, but at some point I removed the memory card and the dashcam started!

It looks I should have acted exactly opposite to the QSG - QSG says to first put the card in, then turn the device on. In my case I needed to first turn on the device and only then insert the memory card. Strange but true.

Back