lukas lk7500 FHD REAL with obd2

Great video. Really a unique feature. Turns the dash cam into a real black box.

Hi,

I've already heard from Lukas on this. It's not even officially released in Korea yet. After their release they will let us know about when we can start selling it outside of Korea. Agreed, that it sounds very cool.

I looked for a few videos on You Tube but only found a couple so far. Watched them and finally figured out what most of the indicators across the bottom of the video means. Steering, brakes, turn signals, RPM, speed, what gear you are in, voltage and the usual date and time. I am not sure about the circle with the "A" in it, maybe throttle position? Or the % below is actually the throttle open percentage maybe, not sure.
I know that OBD is supposed to be somewhat "standardized" but wonder if it works like this on all makes and models?
Looking at what comes in the unboxing video looks to be plug and play; you get power from the OBD port.

seems like A is for engine load and % is TPS

Found a web site (in Korean naturally) that describes the different indicators:

http://bbs.danawa.com/view.php?board=28 ... ge=&site=8

down near the bottom is a picture of the 10 different items that are recorded and a chart describing those 10 items, in Korean.
For some reason I am liking this setup, if it had the seperate recording body (like 7300) with a rear camera it would be perfect! Oh well cant have it all I guess. Wonder how difficult it would be to get one of these?

Last edited by a moderator:
@DashCamMan and the other posts on this page.....Groooooaaaan looks like I will be sticking my hand in my pocket yet again, oh well thats life. The camera looks cool waiting impatiently now for more details and video samples to emerge.Hoping the price wont be too high.Watched the korean video link my PC translated some of the information but unfortunately not the important details. No doubt we will be brought up to speed in the not too distant future.....regards to all as usual .....Ipol

having done a little more research I typed in the google search box lukashd once in the site I chose the korean language there are five korean words in red on the main page, click on the far right word with the star, that will take you to the products page. Click on the camera of your choice I clicked on the lk7500 FHD REAL it shows you 4 different versions of this camera. My auto page translator changed the language on this page to english for some of the details including prices in WON At least it gives a little more insight into this camera, but I guess for a full understanding a western launch of this products details will be anxiously awaited.There is also a video clip when you scroll down the page....regards Ipol

OBD module available to buy separately in Korean approx. 40usd

http://shop.naver.com/lukashd/products/ ... c23ce16833

As I understand, having OBD module is no need having battery discharge device ( below picture ).

Another YouTube video.
I truly feel sorry for the guy ( check video on 10sec ).
He mixed up brake with accelerometer pedal ! Why ? Check OBD readings.
You see before crash its 875 rpm and 1 sec before crash OBD shows 1331 rpm. Its means he pushed "gas" pedal.
THis is a good demo showing vital data to analyse what exactly went wrong.
Also g-sensor recorded and saved file as an "event". You will see in the bottom right corner "event" triggered.
Good job Lukas ! I like OBD function.

few more video sample on how OBD works ( I like steering wheel and indicators data , also a RPM-s as well )

a1.jpg
a2.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A LK 7500 1
T LK 7500 10
B LK 7500 0
D LK 7500 3
Back