Dash Cam done for?

MnAviator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Been a year since I even checked on my Dash Cam. And as luck would have it I saw an idiot cut and jump across the barricades exiting a gas station today. Thought I'd upload the video...

Been hot here in MN and first thing I noticed was that the front cover had kinda come undone. Clipped it back and took the card inside. Plugged into the PC, I noticed the time stamps were all over the place and most say 12/31/2012 and 01/01/2013. Even the ones from last weekend.

Lastly, I tried opening and viewing files - some open fine. Others do not. Get some weird corrupt file error. Anyway to fix MOV files? I am on a PC. Camera is a G1w from 2013.

Could be a bad memory card. If you have a spare card, put it in the camera, drive around the block, and check the files again. That will tell you if it's the card or the camera.

Yeah, you can't ignore these things. I wonder how possible it is to have a 'self diagnostic' function on these cams? Or at least a format prompt you can't ignore?

My Blackvue front cam will say "Please check the sd card over and over until you unplug it. Rear cam is also a Blackvue but it's in the back of the truck, I'll probably never hear it.

Yeah, you can't ignore these things. I wonder how possible it is to have a 'self diagnostic' function on these cams? Or at least a format prompt you can't ignore?
Papago prompts to format depending upon your set intervals in settings and while it records, it doesn't go away from the screen until you press something, ok or cancel.

G1w isn't that fancy. No voice prompts and you're lucky if you get anything on screen for more than a second or two, if at all.

To me this sounds like a bad sd card.

Back