Using 0806 GPS base with 0826

richardkhill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title suggests; is an 0806 GPS base fully compatible with the newer 0826?

I still have the 0806 GPS base installed in my car!

It should work.

Yes they are the same mounts...fully compatible

I recently bought two 0826 cameras, and bought two 0806 mounts W/GPS off ebay because I couldn't find 0826 mounts separately. The mounts I got for the 0806 are different than the ones that came with the cameras.. The contact pins are different ( the 0806 model have pins that stick straight done where the 0826 pins are angled) I can't slide my camera into the 0806 mount. I managed to get it in by pushing the pins down slightly but once in the GPS does not work. I tried two different cameras with two different mounts and it shows the GPS information on the screen but my speed reads as 0 mph all the time. Just a heads up that it didnt work for me in case anyone was thinking about trying the 0806 mounts for their 0826 camera.

I recently bought two 0826 cameras, and bought two 0806 mounts W/GPS off ebay because I couldn't find 0826 mounts separately. The mounts I got for the 0806 are different than the ones that came with the cameras.. The contact pins are different ( the 0806 model have pins that stick straight done where the 0826 pins are angled) I can't slide my camera into the 0806 mount. I managed to get it in by pushing the pins down slightly but once in the GPS does not work. I tried two different cameras with two different mounts and it shows the GPS information on the screen but my speed reads as 0 mph all the time. Just a heads up that it didnt work for me in case anyone was thinking about trying the 0806 mounts for their 0826 camera.
mini changes.jpg
Factory made some changes to the the mount in March 2016... See image

As title suggests; is an 0806 GPS base fully compatible with the newer 0826?

I still have the 0806 GPS base installed in my car![/QUOT

some 0826 can compatible with the 0806 GPS, some can't, you can have a try.

I wonder this issue ,too..
I have 826 with its mount,but it is gettin g very hot in these days and camera reboots itself simultinously.I want to try another 826 base or 806 if it is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an 0806 GPS that logged GPS just fine, but the unit broke, so I purchased a 0826 w/o GPS and flashed it with the latest 1-card w/ GPS firmware (Nov 2016) from the mfg's website since it had no-gps firmware on it. However, the GPS does not work. It's enabled in the settings, and it's getting power from my 0806 GPS base unit, but no GPS signal icon shows up on the screen. I haven't checked to see if the files are being logged, but will check when I get home.

FWIW, I have a unit from the old batch, which is odd considering I purchased it last week. o_O Are there knockoffs out there? Everything seems to be identical.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chris Hunt Mini 0826 37