Problems with my X2

Bluenose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622GW
Hi folks,

I took the cards out of my X2 today and had a look at the content and everything seemed fine. It had recorded perfectly the last trip that I did and also the parking mode was fine too. I put the cards back in and formatted both front and rear as there was nothing on either of them that I needed to keep.

I then set about checking the settings that I had, including the date and time. Whilst doing this, the screen went black and I now have nothing. despite constant tapping on the screen I cannot generate any life at all.

I have switched the unit on and off several times. I have disconnected the power supply. I have also left it disconnected for about an hour and then reconnected but still nothing.

I think that the software version I am using is something like 1.09 which I think is a bit behind the times but as it has been working fine I thought it best to leave well alone as, previous updates had caused problems

Anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks.

Hiya Pier28, yes it does boot up without the cards inserted. I purchased it from Niko but not sure when but probably about 18 months ago at a guess.

Please check fuse on hardwiring and also with tester check if there is a power to both rings on the tip of the plug ( ACC and BAT )

Hi Niko, Hope you are well.

How would I check this as you have suggested. I have a multimeter but am not sure how I would use it in this instance. Doesn't the fact that it powers up without the cards being inserted, suggest that all is well with the power supply?

Hi Niko, Hope you are well.

How would I check this as you have suggested. I have a multimeter but am not sure how I would use it in this instance. Doesn't the fact that it powers up without the cards being inserted, suggest that all is well with the power supply?

Hi, Thanks, I am doing well.

Whilst doing this, the screen went black and I now have nothing. despite constant tapping on the screen I cannot generate any life at all.

As I understood, it does not powers on at all ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L X2 5
C X2 8
B X2 142
Back