warning! ios7 and DR500/550

exhaustnote

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, I just updated my iphone to ios7 and the blackvue app won't save the files to my iphone anymore. Has anyone else run into this problem? It still seems to work fine with my ipad on ios6

That should be expected when you use not released software yet. a. Software developers usually do not release an update until an OS is released and b. said software developer is not obligated to release an update for a new OS (even though really good chance they would for iOS.

That might be how Apple does things, but in other environments, pre-releases of os are released to software developers so they can get their software working before proper release day..

exhaustnote said:
Hey all, I just updated my iphone to ios7 and the blackvue app won't save the files to my iphone anymore. Has anyone else run into this problem? It still seems to work fine with my ipad on ios6

Well so much for that meet and greet in San Francisco. I'll hit you up when I read io7 is working with blackview again. (I'd still like to experience the iOS app/interface in person)

i have a similar problem with android 4.3.2
the save button isnt available :(

I am pretty sure microsoft just pulled this too and finally relented to developers. Also, who says pittasoft does not have developer version already (pretty sure they would as they develop the app), but almost no company releases a new version till that OS actually comes out due to last minute changes ect, especially smaller korean companies.

tonymy01 said:
That might be how Apple does things, but in other environments, pre-releases of os are released to software developers so they can get their software working before proper release day..

sweet, thanks for the headsup. I just downloaded it and will check to see if it fixes the problem when I get home.

Unless pittasoft releases a new version of their ios software on the 18th, the latest version of the ios Blackvue app (1.200) is worthless with ios7. While 1.101 had all functionality working except for the ability to save to the iphone, the 1.200 released today won't even connect to camera through wifi. It just hangs on the connecting to camera popup. I had to revert back to 1.101

That should be expected when you use not released software yet. a. Software developers usually do not release an update until an OS is released and b. said software developer is not obligated to release an update for a new OS (even though really good chance they would for iOS.

The ios7 GM is the exact same version as the final build. Apple confirmed this to developers at the iphone event last week. It does not need the iphone UDID to be registered in order to download and install it, you just need dev access.

We worked out over on the Blackvue UK Facebook Page how to get around the bug with iOS 7

Source: http://www.facebook.com/BlackvueUK

Following on from our last post about connecting to the DR500 & DR550 from iOS 7, here is what you need to do:

+ Have an iPhone with iOS7 Installed
+ Delete your Blackvue App (Version V1.200)
+ Re-Download the Blackvue App
+ Delete the Wi-Fi connection in Settings
+ Re-Connect to the Blackvue Wi-Fi using your password

You should then be good to go and be back up and working with your Blackvue App! Thanks to Steve and Matti for this one

Apple released iOS 7.01 yesterday for the new Phones 5C and 5S :D

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
flank DR500GW-HD 20
T DR500GW-HD 10
Back